Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
osus
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

There is no "Purchase" button on BB World for Playbook

Hi!

I'm still freaking out after one new customer has contacted me because he can not install my app on Playbook because there is no "Purchase" button on my app detail on App World. He told me he spent one hour by phone with customer care guys without a solution.

So I tried...

I have different results. My first one is, with language in englisg... there is no "Purchase" button.

IMG_00000404.png

Then I changed my Playbook language to Spanish, button is there:

IMG_00000406.png

Changed to french, with button again:

IMG_00000408.png

German now.. no button:

IMG_00000409.png

Italian, no button:

IMG_00000410.png

Spanish again and... no button now!

IMG_00000411.png

So... why is this happening? Users are not being able to purchase app!.

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: There is no "Purchase" button on BB World for Playbook

This is a known issue for BB. But they need more people to complain about it so they will spend the time to package up the fix for an OS/BBW update for the PlayBook. It typically happens when a person bought the BB10 version as well. I've been complaining about this since BB10 has been released. I have had about a dozen people report it to me, but they need to file it with BB so they have a head count of complaints. I dont think BB cares much about the PlayBook these days.
Developer
osus

Thanks for your answer jtegen

So, there is no way to bypass this issue?

This is my first report of this issue...

Where are customers supposed to report the issue to BB? The best part if BB World customer care guys told him to ask to me :smileyindifferent: incredible...

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Developer
jtegen

BB support is pretty useless. How is anything in BBW the responsibility of a developer? (except for content). Let me find the link...
Developer
jtegen

You should get a reply to the instructions for this shortly from BB.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

For any customers experiencing this issue please refer them to BlackBerry support to report the issue.

The following KB explains the process:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World-Development/Support-channel-for-downloaded-a...

This shouldn't be something vendors/devs need to handle as it's related to a bug in the BlackBerry World client.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
osus

Thankyou for your help Garett!

I told the customer to follow the procedure!

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

[ Edited ]

gbeukeboom wrote:

For any customers experiencing this issue please refer them to BlackBerry support to report the issue.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World-Development/Support-channel-for-downloaded-a...

This shouldn't be something vendors/devs need to handle as it's related to a bug in the BlackBerry World client.

Garret, the article states that that e-mail address is for developers only, yet we are directing our customers there...

Furthermore, developers cannot be expected to provide level-1 support for BlackBerry World. I don't remember ever signed up for that, nor do we not have the tools, resources or access to the systems to be able to provide such support. For problems during purchase, download or installation, it is BlackBerry's job to provide support. We can only take it from app launch.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Innovatology wrote:

gbeukeboom wrote:

Garret, the article states that that e-mail address is for developers only, yet we are directing our customers there...

Furthermore, developers cannot be expected to provide level-1 support for BlackBerry World. I don't remember ever signed up for that, nor do we not have the tools, resources or access to the systems to be able to provide such support. For problems during purchase, download or installation, it is BlackBerry's job to provide support. We can only take it from app launch.

I 100% agree with your first statement, you shouldn't have to deal with issues that arise with the BlackBerry World client. End users should be able to engage the email address for help with the BlackBerry World client, but they need to be specific that that is what is having issues and not your app, otherwise they will get redirected to you.

End users can also contact their carrier or @BlackBerryHelp for support.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
jtegen

[ Edited ]

I have received emails that some users to contact BBW support and they get re-directed to the developer for BBW issues. The general user does not seem to see the differences. If they cannot download, install or run an app, many feel it is the developers responsibility.