Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Re: There is no "Purchase" button on BB World for Playbook

We've seen a significant increase in users requesting support for this problem in the last week. Probably something to do with the Q10 hitting the market. We are worried that this is going to further hurt sales.

Is any action being taken at BB to fix this?

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Innovatology wrote:

We've seen a significant increase in users requesting support for this problem in the last week. Probably something to do with the Q10 hitting the market. We are worried that this is going to further hurt sales.

Is any action being taken at BB to fix this?

Are you seeing more reports of the button missing on the PlayBook? Or problems with the BlackBerry World client on the Q10?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Missing Purchase button on PlayBook.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer
osus
My Device: Z10

I agree with Innovatology.

Last weeks I have received more issues with this problem on Playbook than in all previous months together

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Retired
gbeukeboom

I've followed up again with the BlackBerry World team. This will require an OS update to fix, as soon as I have details on when one may come out I will update the thread.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
osus

One of my potencial users is telling me nobody has answered about this issue. He/She has followed the procedure without success:

I have followed the email link and email bb support about not being able to download this app on my playbook but so far I have no heard back a response. Is there any other way I can get this app to download other than app world on my playbook? Scan a qr code or something?? Anything??

Is there anything we can do to help?

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Developer
osus

Ey Garett,

This is funny. I've followed the procedure on

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World-Development/Support-channel-for-downloaded-a...

As I'm having this problem with my own Playbook and what I receive after sending the email is an automatic reply:

***ATTENTION***

This is a notification email only and replies to this email address are not monitored.

If you are a BlackBerry® AppWorld™ vendor/developer that needs assistance, please visit: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/appworld/

If you are a BlackBerry® AppWorld™ end user that needs assistance, please visit: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberryappworld.jsp

So there is no useful help to the problem.

What can I do to fix this and be able to download my own app?

Retired
gbeukeboom

:smileyfrustrated: Well that's neat. The only other way for users to engage support is via Twitter or by calling their carrier directly which will then get them passed to BlackBerry Support.

There is no known workaround for this issue, it requires an OS update to be resolved.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
osus

Oh man!

I thought there was a way to fix this, but there isn't!

So... do you know if there is any OS update expected soon? Many people are dealing with this!

Retired
gbeukeboom

osus wrote:

Oh man!

I thought there was a way to fix this, but there isn't!

So... do you know if there is any OS update expected soon? Many people are dealing with this!

Nope, no fix until a new OS is released. I will keep pushing for the release, but no details on when it may come out.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!