Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
karthikpalanivelu
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Time for Application approval?

Hi,

I submitted my application on Jan 31, 2013. And Immediately I got the following email.

This email acknowledges the submission of the product named: 'enThirukkural' and 1 new release(s) for the product.

Another email will be sent as soon as any updates are made in the approval process.

Sincerely,
The BlackBerry Team

Can anyone please tell me when will I get next response from the BlackBerry team? Or When will it get approved?

Thanks,

Karthik

Contributor
DarcAlpha
My Device: 9700, Playbook 16GB, and Dev Alpha

Re: Time for Application approval?

There are many people that have waited 3 weeks with no response until now (including mine).

Unless your app is Instagram or Netflix, expect at least 10 business days.

Contributor
brew1
My Device: playbook 16 gig

Same here, almost 4 weeks still  waiting. This is a good thing I suppose, BB10 success!

New Developer
karthikpalanivelu

It is ridiculous.. Within an hour, my app was available for download in Google Play Store.. When BlackBerry's process is like this how could they expect developers to love BlackBerry?
New Developer
karthikpalanivelu

I think BlackBerry still not realizing the fact that one of the main reasons for their past failure is lack of support from app developers.
Contributor
brew1

Its only that way because everything is new and they were flooded with tons of apps. Once the dust settles I'm sure they will take no longer than apple.

Googles only that way because no human looks at it, which has its quality problems of course

New Developer
karthikpalanivelu

You are right. And of course, I don't expect them to process like Google. BlackBerry is known for its quality. But they should mention a fixed and definite time say two weeks. Anytime longer than 10 business days is no good.
Contributor
brew1

true, estimated times would be nice, I log in and check the site everyday for weeks like a crazy person.

Contributor
Thunderbuck
My Device: PlayBook - 64GB, Bold 9900, Dev Alpha

Yes, I have to say I'm starting to wonder.  I got my app in Jan 21 and the Change Requests haven't even been looked at on it yet.  Mind you, I rushed the submission to make the LE trade-in deadline, and that's now been extended so it isn't that urgent, but I'm still mystified.

If there was even some kind of notification SOMEWHERE to let us know which date they're working on now, that would be cool...

Developer
mikefromcanada
My Device: 9900

I agree, but I don't even think they're working on a specific date. I've had apps approved in batches, sometimes skipping over apps that were submitted prior. At this point, I haven't heard anything about app approvals in almost 2 weeks. I've still got a dozen or more sitting in queue. What's worse is some of them are my actual 'pay' apps which I wanted to be available ASAP.