Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
jaxim
My Device: Playbook

Time it takes to get registration approved?

A couple of months ago, I registered to be a developer for the Blackberry App World. A few days ago, I just got around to submitting a photocopy of my driver's license to complete my registration.

Currently I still cannot sign into the "blackberry developer zone" and so I still cannot download the SDK/simulator/etc.

Does anyone know how long it should take to get my registration approved? I have my app developed but still need to test it using the simulator which I do not have access to and I don't wish to miss the free playbook offer.

thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
br14
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Time it takes to get registration approved?

Registering to be an App World vendor can take a few days to a couple of weeks.

But you don't need to be an App World vendor to download development tools (including the simulator).

You can simply register for a Dev Zone account and receive an account immediately.

So far as I'm aware RIM doesn't have single sign on so you'll have separate accounts either way - even if you use the same email.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jaxim

thanks! I was able to download the necessary items without having my registration approved. I didn't try this forum login. Instead I completed a form for each download. Maybe next time, if i have to download something else, I'll try this login.

The weird thing about the registration process is that when they asked for me to submit my driver's license, I had to email it to an email address. I assume they are going to use my email address and the name on the driver's license to match it to my original registration. I would have thought that I would need to sign into a online form using my registered email address and upload the driver's license to ensure no mistakes are made. Hopefully all goes well though.

Anyway, thanks for the assist!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jaxim

p.s. I just tried to download the SDK again using this forum login, and it did not work. I guess the only way to download is either to login to your approved registered account or fill out the form each download.

Please use plain text.
Developer
br14
My Device: Not Specified

Until very recently we had to fill in the form every time we downloaded. Very annoying. Now I can download various files via Dev Zone by signing in only once.

I guess they may have "unified" the different logins. I know there was talk of that happening, but I currently have three or four different accounts with RIM.

There's my Dev Zone account. The forums account. My vendor account and I believe my Issues logger is another account. Those are the ones I remember anyway :-)

Please use plain text.