Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl
My Device: 8310 curve

Title App questions.

Hi, i have questions to APP WORLD TEAM in this official forum.

I have add today maybe tommorow new application.  I call it the "Google Hack".

This application can user search on the google anything you want.

I find in APP WORLD application named Nux downloader Hacker edition. And found other apps for google search named "Google Search"

Questions is....my title is correct? And this app was not rejected from APP WORLD TEAM?

I do not want to waste time on Uzer again with the team.Because asks this questions.

Please reply me and correect if my app title is not allowed.

Retired
samyotte
My Device: Torch

Re: Title App questions.

In order for us to be able to comment on an app we need to see the whole app including all meta data (ie title, description, images). For example, use of the word 'hack' may be permissible in a certain context.

I would encourage you to review the vendor guidelines here https://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal/guidelines.do?csrfToken=5G0V-GY3Z-BUHJ-Q51I-R5L2-64VE-6CMZ... to have a sense of what we will be looking at when reviewing your app. We are working on providing more guidance in the future.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

Why complicate the whole thing? I asked a simple question. And you're sending me to the Rules. Why is the forum? Forum is to help users!

I see in APP WORL application named NUX downloader hacker edition, in this application is used "hacker"  and i have questions when i named my app Google Hack this tittle is correct or not??? Simple questions...Simple answer...YES OR NOT.

When i see in app world such applications is that if I allowed them to me it should be allowed.

Please reply YES or NOT. Not complicated!

Retired
samyotte
My Device: Torch

It is not a simple yes or no question. I'm sorry if I'm not effectively communicating that to you. We are here to help and my offer from the other day to discuss with you 1 on 1 over the phone still stands. This current line of communication where you post to the forums is proving to be ineffective at resolving your issues in a timely manner.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

I write to public: I dont have time to discous with you over phone! End discusion.

By the way, you are administrator of this site and you are BOSS APP WORLD TEAM?

When i asking, if my application named Google Hack this is correct title you dont can not answer?

Ok, i have upload application Named Google Hack and we'll see what happens.

When i see in app world application with in tittle "hacker" what is difference of Hack? Nothing.

When i see in APP World apps named Google Search and etc i can use too "Google" in my aplication.

I post result....

I think of another title...Google MASTER...and i think this is better way. Maybe i dont lose many time when my application is revievied and succesfully accepted with this title.

Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

kris0725pl wrote:

I write to public: I dont have time to discous with you over phone! End discusion.

By the way, you are administrator of this site and you are BOSS APP WORLD TEAM?

When i asking, if my application named Google Hack this is correct title you dont can not answer?

Ok, i have upload application Named Google Hack and we'll see what happens.

When i see in app world application with in tittle "hacker" what is difference of Hack? Nothing.

When i see in APP World apps named Google Search and etc i can use too "Google" in my aplication.

I post result....

I think of another title...Google MASTER...and i think this is better way. Maybe i dont lose many time when my application is revievied and succesfully accepted with this title.

Since I am not working for RIM I can speak independently and perhaps more freely than Shaun (samyotte) can do so. 

Shaun is part of the management team within developer relations team at RIM, so in response to your question, he does have control and influence within RIM and should be able to provide you much more assistance than any of us in the forums.

In this forum the I have read several of your complaints postings, to be fair I understand you may have questiosn or issues, but since you were offered a chance to address them directly with the company I highly suggest you take them up on that offer if you want changes to happen. Forums is ok form of communication but phone communication is much easier to converse and get a quick response over some of the issues or concerns you wish to have address.  

Some of your questisons/ concerns are not rules set in stone and depending on the judgment from the app world vendor team, they will act accordingly  on case by case basis. As such, this is why sometimes they have to answer vaguely unless more information is provided. Within your case, you seem to have a lot of scenerios and ideas and I think RIM encourages developers to share their ideas and concerns with them so they can address them directly. From what I know, they  would love to work with you to listen to what you have to say and the most direct route for this is through email or phone communication. 

If you have any questions, ofcourse we (the community) would love to help out and assist you but within the forums, it is probably not the best way to address some of the individual specific concerns you have since they are a bit more complex in nature. 

Hope this helps.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!