Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
schmidtec
My Device: Not Specified

Trying to find data on what cities have the most BlackBerry users.

Hello,

I'm starting to develop location based apps and would like to target cities with the most BlackBerry users.

Do any of you know any resources for finding out this info?

For example:

- List of most BlackBerry users by City.

- List of most BlackBerry users by Country.

- This city has the most new BlackBerry users.

- Highest concentration of BlackBerry users per capita.

- Etc...

Thank you,

schmidtec

Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Trying to find data on what cities have the most BlackBerry users.

This data is not public for obviouscompetitive reasons. There are 3rd party sources which you can find to see which locations BlackBerry is strong in. This is a session from BlackBerry Jam Americas is closest thing you will find in terms of App World purchase information (demographics) http://hosting.desire2learncapture.com/RIM/1/Watch/35.aspx?id=35 .

Hope this helps.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Contributor
schmidtec
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the reply, ignites.

I just watched the BBJAM video and it has lots of great info. The slide deck especially.

You mentioned 3rd party sources, do you know where I would find out more about that?

Thanks again.

Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

schmidtec wrote:

Thanks for the reply, ignites.

I just watched the BBJAM video and it has lots of great info. The slide deck especially.

You mentioned 3rd party sources, do you know where I would find out more about that?

Thanks again.

3rd party sources are reputable sites. Or paid sources like gartner reports there are some apps survey floating around on the Web about who make how much $ etc but that really doesn't help much. Google is your friend, I do not have any sources off hand since most of the research I do are juts from my daily surfing/reading which I don't really keep track of. 

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

as far as i know, BlackBerry sells very well in countries such as Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia or countries in the middle east.
Cities: Bangkok, Jakarta....
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi