Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
ljdarten
My Device: curve

Two new apps not showing in app world

[ Edited ]

I am having an issue that I wondered if anyone else encountered.

I submitted two apps (actually the same app with one being a free trial, but both as seperate items in the system) about three weeks ago now and they do not appear to be showing up completely in appworld.

I can see them from every phone I have been able to try with by searching for the name. But when I look under the category, they're just not there.

I have scrolled down the list until it wouldn't load anymore even leaving it sit for 10 or more minutes on that screen and attempting to scroll up and down more.

I have tried sorting by newest apps since it should still be towards the top as well as sorting by app name and making sure it scrolled to the end in both cases.

I used the support request form and was told that they are there. But from three different phones, all three different models, I can't see them. I  also verified that all three phones are on the supported list. The support person just kept telling me to do the things outlined above that I have done repeatedly, so I gave up on that.

any ideas?

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Two new apps not showing in app world

If you don't mind - could you post the app names, I will check it on my devices (you can send the app names with PM if you don't want to post them in the forum)

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Developer
ljdarten

I don't mind posting here, the more who look for it the better to understand the problem.

I actually didn't post them because I didn't want to look like I was spamming :smileyhappy:.

The titles are:

Word Mastermind 

Word Mastermind - free

The category is games->puzzles

an update to the problem is that one of the apps (i forget which of  the two) is now showing up on my wifes phone.

thanks!

Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

You might want to check if they are still in that catagory. I have had RIM move one of my apps from game/puzzles to game/strategy once.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
New Developer
ljdarten

I went into isv and edited both items, they still say puzzles there. It would be changed there right?

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Your apps are there, but it took me like 10 minutes to find them. It is because of how the current version of App World works.

Games - Puzzle is a huge category, but App World loads only 25 of the games. If you scroll down to the bottom of the list another 25 will be loaded and so on. You can change the sort criteria (newest, prise, app name etc.) but the new sort order will be applied to the already loaded items only.

So what I've done - I have changed the sort order to App name (descending) and loaded 25 apps more and more and more (pressing the "b" button helps to scroll down fast). Once I loaded 200 games, "Word ... free" show up. After I loaded 400 games the full version appeared too. Since I had already 400 games loaded I tried to change the sort order to Newest and then both games appeared in the listing at 9. and 10. position.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Developer
ljdarten

I've spent around an hour doing exactly what you described and still can't see it on my phone. I guess it's good to know it's showing up on some phones although considering it's been out for three weeks and you still need to spend ten minutes just to see it, I don't see how anyone will ever see it that way.

It's just ridiculous to me that when you sort by newest it doesn't start loading the newest apps. I don't understand how it could have been coded any other way without mind altering drugs involved in the programming process.

anyways, thanks for the help! 

New Developer
ljdarten

I requested they be moved to the board games category. I had debated between that and puzzles anyway.

maybe they'll work better there.