Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
d3v3l0p3r
My Device: Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, PlayBook
My Carrier: Carrier

URGENT: Users who purchase our app on Z10 are not able to download on PlayBook

We have app for sale with both PlayBook and Z10 releases both under single product ID. 

Recently started getting emails from users who purchased the app on Z10 and then tried to download on PlayBook and are unable to do so.

They are reporting that when displaying our application in BB World on the PlayBook they see product description, reviews, screenshots but no button to download or purchase. 

When users however purchase application on PlayBook first, they appear to be able to go to their Z10 device and download without any problems.

Can anyone answer what the problem may be and whether we need to do something on our end?

Thank you

---
If you find my post helpful please "like" it and "accept as a solution"
Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: URGENT: Users who purchase our app on Z10 are not able to download on PlayBook

What technology did you use to build the application? (Android, Cascades, AIR..) Because some technologies (eg. Cascades) only work on BB10 devices. And because PlayBook is not yet on BB10, it is not working on that device (yet).

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: URGENT: Users who purchase our app on Z10 are not able to download on PlayBook

Can you post supported devices and minimum OS of both PlayBook and Z10 release?

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
d3v3l0p3r

PlayBook version is built with AIR SDK (for Tablet OS) while Z10 version with Cascades. 

The issue is not with SDKs....

If you are on PlayBook and never purchased the application you can purchase it fine (through BB World on PlayBook) and run the latest PlayBook release. You can then login to Z10 with the same BBID and download the BB10 version (through BB World on Z10) of the application without need to re-purchase again.

If you are on Z10 and  never purchased the application you can purchase it fine (through BB World) on Z10 and run the latest Z10 release. WHen you try to purchase it on PlayBook the "Download" button in BB world is missing. You cannot re-purchase it nor download it.

I have one release (for PlayBook) with minimum OS 2.0 and Supported devices PlayBook

I have another release (for BB10) with minimum OS 10.0.0 and supported devices: Z10 (all models) and Dev Alpha

---
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I got an email from a user for this as well. Have them send you a screen shot. It probably does not have any buttons on it as you indicated.
Please use plain text.
Developer
d3v3l0p3r

Correct! Received couple of screenshots and they all show PlayBook BB World screen with the application information (icon, title, description, feedback) like usually, but with a twist: Download (or Buy) button is missing! The user cannot take any action on the screen other than go Back!

This problem is escalating now as I am getting more and more users reporting this! I am not really able to respond to them with a solution. Can someone from BB comment on this? 

---
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Is the BlackBerry 10 version a paid upgrade from the PlayBook release?  Are both releases paid?  Are there any reports of this for free apps?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
d3v3l0p3r

The application itself is a paid application, all release upgrades are free (and always were free). This is my only application which has releases for both platfroms (PlayBook + BB10). 

---
Please use plain text.
Developer
d3v3l0p3r

Mark - I just sent you private message with my app id and screen shot.

---
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Similar here. Paid app on both devices, free upgrades.
Please use plain text.