Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
becker666
My Device: Storm

Re: Unfair and Unhealthy Competition from a Developer Called nextGen

Unfortunately that happens on all platforms, some devs just pump their own Apps with reviews from their buddies, while others do what you are experiencing, has been happening on iOS/Android all along. Not sure what can be done or if any is done here. We can go with the Karma will get those playing dirty in the long run but in the meantime it hurts your efforts.

Try to make your App better and let it speak for itself, I know sometimes is tough to fight against bigger guys.

Developer
tezytan
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810

Any updates of what has been advised or done?
New Developer
jmaltez
My Device: Playbook

Wow. Amazing thread ... I couldn't stop reading. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Contributor
EddyLiu
My Device: Not Specified

@tezytan, they denied the review
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

jtegen wrote:
Congrats. I would still contact that lawyer to see if they are real, and then report the act to the DA for fraud investigation. This kind of abuse of the legal system should not be tolerated. I would also formally supply this information to BB to see what kind of action they need to take against this developer.

Totally agree.  There should be meaningful consequences for this kind of behavior beyond "pretty please stop bullying me."

This guy has wasted a ton of your time and put a chill on the market.  IMO it's not ok to just let it slide with a "tut, tut", and a wag of the finger.

Developer
scrid2000
My Device: Red Z10, 32GB PlayBook, Numerous Android/WP8/FirefoxOS/Other devices

Just wondering if anything happened here?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10

scrid2000 wrote:
Just wondering if anything happened here?

The rate BB is going.  I don't think anyone cares anymore.

Also I'm getting alot of copycats with my apps and is driving sales down.

Developer
scrid2000
My Device: Red Z10, 32GB PlayBook, Numerous Android/WP8/FirefoxOS/Other devices

*sigh* fun times then.
Well I ordered a Lumina to do some testing on. Will keep making BlackBerry Apps too but gonna branch out, create some job security for myself.

Sad that BlackBerry won't do anything in a situation Involving criminal forgery.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlackBerry Development Advisor
rhearty
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Hi Guys,

There was agressive action taken behind the scenes.  I will not get into details regarding the outcome.  We do not tolerate certain behavior from Vendors doing business on our store, especially when it is in direct conflict with our BlackBerry World Vendor Guidelines or Vendor Agreement. 

If there is a problem with another Vendor or your applications are being copied / infringed upon I highly suggest you let us know via Vendor Support (https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109), our Twitter Channel (@BlackBerryDev) or here on the forums.  As always, don't hesitate to send me a direct message regarding anything and I will do everything in my power to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. 

It's always best to avoid making assumptions surrounding these types of issues when in a public forum.

All the best guys, 

Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Thanks for the update Ryan and completely understood that sometimes you can't get into the details in public.

It's great to know that BlackBerry will take steps where needed to try to keep the marketplace from becoming the cesspool that it often is on other platforms.