Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
ElliotMebane
My Device: Playbook

Update Product Description with new version submission?

Is there a way to update the Product Description for an app at the same time a new version of the app is submitted? I just tried it and it looks like 2 separate requests have to be made -- one to update the Product Description and another to approve a new version of the app.  

I wouldn't want only one or the other to go through -- It should be a both-or-nothing deal so that the app and description are always in alignment.  I'm sure both will be reviewed at the same time, however it seems like this should be a single change request ticket rather than 2 separate tickets to avoid any possible errors (approving just one but not the other). 

PlayBook App: Flash Performance Tester
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/38476
Please use plain text.
Developer
Acenet
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Update Product Description with new version submission?

Hello,

yes, would be nice to have a unique ticket for both updates indeed.

Note that the "description" ticket is validated a lot faster than the release ticket - not at the same time, not the same "validator" I'd say.

My "solution" is to specifiy a "pending" closure in the description. When the release is validated, I open a 3rd ticket for the final description....

JC
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tonymanifesto
My Device: 8520

Actually, for me it has been the opposite. My release was updated faster than the description.

Please use plain text.
Developer
cwong15
My Device: Not Specified

The only way I can think of is to take the app off the market temporarily until both the release and the description are approved. The notorious App World server and client caching also needs to be taken into account.

Please use plain text.