Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Upgrading application application on the store using different signing keys.

Hello, We have a product for BBOS developed and signed by a 3rd party vendor. Now we

moved product development in-house. The 3rd vendor cannot provide us with

the original signing keys due to security reasons.

We need to updated the previous version with a newer one using different signing keys and make sure the existing customers can upgrade.

I contacted blackberry customer support and they told me I should be able to do it without any problem for the products apps running on BBOS7 or lower.

I downloaded the application on the AppWorld to my Bold 9900

Started the application

Downloaded newer version from my ftp

The OS prompted for replacement and replaced with the newer version.

Selected 'Run' button.

It showed a dialog box with the next message:

Error starting APP_NAME: Class 'com.APP_NAME.types.NewsObject'

multiply defined.

Customer support replied that the issue is not related to the signing with different keys. Can somebody help me with getting over it? 

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra
My Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile

Re: Upgrading application application on the store using different signing keys.

I can't answer your question, BUT I can confirm that using different signing keys is not a problem.  I had to change mine once too, because my computer crashed and I had not backed them up (yea yea I'm an **bleep**)   Anyways, I was able to update my app with the new keys without a problem.  I think your issue is something else.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. Smiley Happy