Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
kisorbiswal
My Device: Not Specified

User's review status denied

One of our applications got a 4 star review from an user, but it's status is showing denied. Now my questions are

1. Who denied it?
  2. Why is it denied?
  3. How to get it approved?
The screen shot of that page is below
Status denired
Please use plain text.
New Developer
samsudin

Re: User's review status denied

I had same problem and I am not sure who denied those good comment.

Please use plain text.
Developer
cwong15

I've had 4 and 5 star reviews denied myself. I suspect RIM denies some of them because of poor grammar or potentially offensive language. Poor grammar might be the issue in this case. You might be able to get the review reinstated by flagging the review and asking why it was denied. Also, even if a review is denied the star rating is still counted in the overall average.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
New Developer
DSR
My Device: 8130
My Carrier: Telus

These problems combined with the vitriole that users are posting when they have any issues at all, begs for a review system that among other things:

a) allows developers to publically respond to the complaints ala ebay.

b) allows developers to contact the reviewee privately or through some anonymous channel if privacy is an issue to resolve the problem and if so then allow the user to update their review.

c) weights the star average to not allow zero star reviews to destroy an application's rating (we have reviews that state that the application. "works pretty well but doesn't do x" but are given zero star reviews)

d) at the very least prompts the user to re-read the application installation instructions before they are allowed to post a review that will severely damage application sales.

Cheers,
Matt
Please use plain text.