Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
guydor
My Device: 9700

Vendor Registration

Hi,

I'm new to the Blackberry App World and I would like to register as a vendor.

I have a few questions about the registration process:

1. I have seen that the registration fee is 200$ and for a limited time it's free, but I read a lot through the web that I have to pay 20$ to purchase application signing   keys etc. - Is it true? I would like to get more information about these signing keys.

As I wrote the registration fee is now 0$ - free;

In the registration process there are 4 steps, at step 1 I'm being asked if I would to sell my apps or to distribute them for free, I mark it as free.

In step 3 I'm being asked to sign in with a PayPal account.

My question is if I don't need any payment methods because my app are non-comercial distributed, why do I need to sign in with a PayPal account?

Regards,

Guy Dor

Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Vendor Registration

Hi,

Registration fee is free now and forever, as stated by RIM officials

Signing keys - I got my keys for signing smartphone apps (JAVA) long ago and the price was 20$, however the signing key for Playbook (Webworks and Adobre AIR) was completely free, I suppose that the same applies to the Java signing keys as well, i.e. at the moment those keys should be free too

Re PayPal - no idea, but if you distribute only free apps, you don't need to sign the Digital River and Bango agreements

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Regular Contributor
guydor
My Device: 9700

First of all thank you for your reply.

Although I didn't sign Bango & Digital River agreement I still being asked to sign in with a PayPal account

Thanks again
Guy Dor
New Developer
SlipperySurgeon
My Device: Bold 9700

I am new also, however, I was under the impression that the paypal link was to receive payments from apps sold. I could be mistaken.