Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Vendor portal purchase tracking

I have a couple of apps for sale for 99c each.  However when I look at the stats for a particular day it may show total sales as being 80c for the day.  How is this possible if the app costs 99c.  I know it can't be something to do with the USD->CAD difference because the CAD is 1c higher than USD. 

Is it someone purchasing it in say Euros that accounts for this ?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Vendor portal purchase tracking

Are you looking at the reports (i.e. not graph)? It should show the country where the purchase was made, and you should be able to figure it out from that.

Generally different countries may have different actual prices. The $0.99 thing is a "tier", mainly indicating to you approximately what the price will be in a given country, but there are adjustments made based on local buying power, exchange rates, etc, so you could definitely be getting only $0.80 per sale in certain regions.

If you go into the product's entry in the vendor portal, and edit it, you'll see under the price tier dropdown a magnifying glass icon just after the text "View Price in Different Currencies". Click it to see details of the actual prices.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor

ok thanks i'll try this out - i didnt know you could go more comprehensive with reporting than the graphs.
Contributor

I found out a better way to give me this info was to run a report on the purchases and while it doesnt tell you the different purchases in the different currencies it gives you a break down of all the type of phones used to purchase the app and where each purchase was made.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

nzwasp wrote:

I found out a better way to give me this info was to run a report on the purchases and while it doesnt tell you the different purchases in the different currencies it gives you a break down of all the type of phones used to purchase the app and where each purchase was made.

That statement puzzles me. Are we looking at the same thing?

When I generate a report of purchases, I get a total of 14 columns of data on each individual purchase. Two of them show Price and Currency. Here's a short sample of that data from one of my apps. Doesn't it show "the different purchases in the different currencies"?

1.99 CAD
1.5 GBP
1.99 CAD
20 MXN
1.5 GBP

CAD

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!