Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
kid992
My Device: Curve

Want to earn 100$ or more? Well yes I did

[ Edited ]

Want to earn $100 or more?
You’ve done the work, now let us reward you for bringing your other apps to our platform. We’ll be onsite at AnDevCon IV and DevCon5 to help you port more apps to BlackBerry 10. For each app you port you’ll receive $100 USD (up to a maximum of 20 apps per participant).**

** Limited to the first twenty (20) approved Apps per participant. To qualify for a Reward, you must submit your App into the BlackBerry App World Vendor Portal between 12:00:01 pm on November 28, 2012 and 11:59:59pm ET on November 29, 2012. Any Apps submitted outside this time frame are not eligible for this Reward program. Only those Apps that have been approved through BlackBerry App World and RIM will be considered for a Reward. See the BlackBerry Porting Lab at DevCon5 for complete details.

I received an email on the 27th November saying my app was succesfully ported to Blackberry 10 and was offered a free blackberry hoodie - Thank You. On reading the above I submitted apps during that time period and they have been accepted - there has been no further mention of rewards since. I was nowhere near AnDevCon IV and DevCon5 and don't even know where they are or what they are. There appears to be several people asking whether you had to be there to qualify for rewards. If this is the case I think its slightly unfair in any case I think when a question has been asked several times like this and its regarding app developer goodwill its incumbent on Blackberry to clear the matter up. I for one am unlikely to submit further apps in the future on the basis of such an unclear/mixed messages.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Want to earn 100$ or more? Well yes I did

If you read the terms and conditions link on that page, you will find:

"Rewards will be awarded once all eligible Apps have been approved through BBAW which approval will occur no later than December 23, 2012."

I don't know if you had to be present at the Port-a-Thon, perhaps it is mentioned in the T&C as well.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
kid992

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply There were no T & C's attached on the email I received in any case the link you provided referred to a different port a thon November 16-17. My post is referring to one on November 28-29.

regards

JSanders

My guess is the same terms and conditions apply and it appears there are 2 other threads on this same question already.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-Open-Source-Topics/100-per-app-Tomorrow/td-p/2007445

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/100-Rewards-for-apps/td-p/20...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
JSanders

Oh, and by the way, additionally:

You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
kid992

Just to update this I have heard from BB support that attendance was not required at either conference to submit eligible apps for this promotion and that the marketing team will contact developers shortly. reagrding apps that were eligible and submitted during the port a thon

JSanders

"no later than December 23" as stated above?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
kid992

I have now received two flatly contradictory e mails about this port a thon from Blackberry

from bb10apptestingteam@rim.com on 11 December

Hi,

Yes, they are still eligible if you submitted during this time. Attendance was not required. You’ll be hearing from the marketing team shortly about the rewards if your app was approved.

Thanks,

and from DeveloperRelations@rim.com on 17 December

Hi,

My apologies for the delay in response. This one got badly misfiled.

In answer to your question, those dates apply only to the DevCon 5 event, so those who did not attend would not qualify.

We'll have additional portathons and events coming up, though, for which you can qualify, so I'd recommend keeping an eye on the blog for updates: http://devblog.blackberry.com/

JSanders

I'd reply to and keep up with the response in the first email :smileywink:

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
maxxx557
My Device: playbook

I and a friend send in apps too after we got this email ...

The mail said nothing about attending the event and there where no Terms mentioned ...

Could you please help us getting the money? I think RIM gave out so much money with these developer programms so this will not be the problem I think....

Personaly I don´t need it this bad because I was "only" 100$ because of one app, but my friend was very happy because he missed the port-a-thon and made 6 (!) apps hoping for some money ...

Best Regards,

Max Friemann