Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook
Accepted Solution

What is Refund Plan on BB when some one ask Me for refund how to pay Him Back ?

What is Refund Plan on BB when some one ask Me for refund how to pay Him Back ?

a guy is not satisfied with one of my app asked for refund . how shall i pay him back i need argent Help on this ........................ Will BB pay him back as the amout which the guy payed is with the BB :smileyhappy: Help me soon i want to help him to get his Refund 

Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9790, Z10

Re: What is Refund Plan on BB when some one ask Me for refund how to pay Him Back ?

Ask his to contact BB with the order details..
Developer
My Device: NA

Re: What is Refund Plan on BB when some one ask Me for refund how to pay Him Back ?

Technically, the AppWorld purchase agreement states no refunds.

I used to send customers to AppWorldBilling@RIM.com to request a refund.

But now that RIM has been rebranded, and @RIM accounts are being disabled, who knows what the new one is.

AppWorld@blackberry.com might work, but I've had mixed (read: not good) experiences with that support team for some reason.  Including refusing to refund customers. 

Oddly enough, I think both accounts are manned by the same group.  But the top one has always been a non-issue for me for the most part, so thats where I send customers for refunds.

Imho, they should be able to get a refund if they want it - as long as the app is deleted from their device and profile.  It might encourage app growth by giving customers protection.

Ed.

Developer
My Device: Developer

The following seems to be the way to get refunds if the customer paid using paypal or cridit card:

For refunds of purchases made through carrier billing, customers need to contact their service provider directly.

At this URL, there is also a link to BBRY's refund policy:

BlackBerry Commerce Refund Policy:

All Sales are final and Blackberry Commerce’s policy is not to provide refunds subject to the following:

1. If BlackBerry Commerce does not make the product available for download by you within a reasonable period of time after completion of the purchase, BlackBerry Commerce customer service will, in its sole discretion, either replace your order (by providing the product in a manner that allows you to download the product) or arrange for your purchase price to be refunded.
  2. If, within 90 days of your purchase, BlackBerry Commerce or its service providers disable the operation of the product on your BlackBerry software (other than for breach of an applicable agreement by you) and do not make available within a reasonable period a replacement to such product, BlackBerry Commerce customer service will arrange for your purchase price to be refunded.
  3. If BlackBerry Commerce is required by the laws applicable in your jurisdiction to offer additional refund or warranty rights, BlackBerry Commerce will provide such remedies as required pursuant to such laws and, where permitted, BlackBerry Commerce may elect to provide one or more alternative remedies (such as refund, credit, re-performance of services, or re-provision of products or alternative products). If you feel you have been charged incorrectly you must notify BlackBerry App World customer service, within 30 days of your purchase, at www.BlackBerry.com/support/appworld.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook

Thanks MauriceRice I have excepted the solutions you gave...have a nice day
Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Dear Developers Support Community

I have just been reading this subject and due to not looking at the fine detail concerning purchase of items (Apps) I did not know that none are refundable, though I have had some apps refunded in the past.

The reason I come here today is due to false statements and claims to an application which in finding out it's worth was only by purchase, hence imagining the accummilations of funds that must be made by that developer in the name of BlackBerry.

I do not have a fear of being held liable, as the proof of their statements still stand boldly to still be purchased.

What has come to my attention is, I no longer receive receipts of proof of purchase since I upgraded to my OS10 as I did with my 9800 OS7

I noticed that the receipt number is asked for through the BlackBerry Commerce Refunds and all my purchases have no number, even in my bank statements. I do have a statement that a purchase was made but no direct link to the item.

Would this be resolved in the near future and will customers be informed of this?

About BB App Refunds.png

JTValerie