Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
Accepted Solution

What is going on with Vendor Support now?

[ Edited ]

After a year on the BB World my latest app update was rejected for including a mention of a competing device in the context help, even though that text has been in the help file since the app was introduced a year ago. I had several issues with the rejection notice, too many to describe in the limited size edit box on the Vendor Support page, so I asked them to tell me how to email them directly with a more detailed question. About a week later I got a response with an email address so I sent off my full question so I could resubmit my app in full compliance and avoid another rejection. Shortlly after this I read that Blackberry fired about 650 Vendor Support personnel because they were going to focus efforts on the Enterprise space. Since then I have been waiting about three weeks with no response and it has been over a month since I tried to provide my users with some enhanced features.

Given the bad news about Vendor Support, what I want to know now is:

1. Are there ANY Vendor Support people left to answer questions from app developers?
  2. If so, what is the expected wait time now to get answers.
  3. Has Blackberry completely abandoned independent developers now?

I made the choice in February 2013 to focus exclusively on developing Native Blackberry 10 apps, tying my future to the success of the new OS. Now it appears my faith and commitment were misguided and I wonder how much longer before existing apps are left to wither on the vine because developers are no longer able to fix bugs or add features.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
rhearty
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: What is going on with Vendor Support now?

Hi greenmr,

Can you provide a few bits of information specifically in reference to your post?

1) What email address did you send your large list of issues too?

2) Did you have a Case or Incident # assigned to the email (generally contained in the subject line of a reply or auto-reply)?

To answer your question, yes there are still people working on BlackBerry World and specifically, Vendor Support.  

Please use plain text.