Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Carrier: Bell

Re: What "There is no getExistingPurchases Local Cache" error while verifying In App Purchases

Ok, that's a different error than "The parent application could not be located within the reconcile cache" from your original post. Could you clarify if you received both error messages?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Carrier: x

Re: What "There is no getExistingPurchases Local Cache" error while verifying In App Purchases

Yes I received both. I don't see a way to delete the app from BB World and re-add it to try to recreate initial condition.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Ah ok, thanks!

The initial error could have been an issue with the cache needing to be cleared,

For the second error, have you tested this against 10.2? It's either a bug we'll need to escalate to get fixed (again) or could already be resolved.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Carrier: x

You suspect it is on app side? I don't have 10.2 device to test with -(

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

I suspect there may be a bug with the Payment Service library on your build. 

I tested again using a 10.2 device and received a different error after updating BlackBerry World:

"The item you are looking for is not available"

I still believe this issue warrants its own thread, the previous problem was resolved so we are likely seeing something new.

Could you start a new thread and post the code for the Payment Service actions your app completes when first launched?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dlacerte
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Using my Q10 (with development mode off) running OS 10.1.0.4633 I made an in-app purchase and I did have to enter my password and accept the terms before doing so. After purchasing, I was able to refresh successfully both locally and remotely.

I deleted my app and then downloaded it again via BB World and the local as well as remote refresh resulted in the error "The parent application could not be located within the reconcile cache.". I relaunched the application with the same result. I then in-app purchased the product again successfully.

I repeated the steps above (deleted the app, re-downloaded...) and the results were the same. I then went to BB World>Settings>General and clicked on "Refresh BlackBerry World" and after this a refresh succeeded both locally and remotely.

I checked my Paypal account and I don't see any charges for the in-app purchase so I suspect BB World is keeping track of the fact I already purchased it earlier and isn't re-charging me.

It looks like there is a bug in the purchasing service returning this error code.

Please use plain text.
Developer
miamon
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

I had same problem, and seems it's not possible use this function when App are in Draft. 

I submit the app and Post for Sale and autosolve this problem.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/getExistingPurchases/td-p/262633...

Josep Maria
Please use plain text.