Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: What to do if your Package ID has been rejected by BlackBerry App World

Mark: With the ID cleared out for the old app, and a "new" app with the same ID and a differenet version, whould hist customers be notified via App World?
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

John, if you recall that's how it originally worked, last summer when so many people were getting new keys, posting updates, and dealing with two copies of the app showing up. Users were getting notified, but of course the update process couldn't carry their old data over to the new instance etc.

It looks like RIM implemented code server-side to block uploading apps with different ids, to prevent this from being so easy to do. Now it appears Mark is saying that upon special request from the vendor, they can allow an update to go through, and let the developer deal with the problems that will result.

Nice to know! This question does still come up, and probably will for quite some time.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Spifff
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks to everyone. I have sent my request off to appworld support.

Back in April 2011 the online information was rather lackluster.  Now it is spelled out straightforward exactly what files must be backed up to preserve your keys. Back then it wasn't, or was much more difficult to find for a first time developer accessing everyting from the playbook information pages.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

And now FlashBuilder even does that for you (backup and restore). We're getting there...
Please use plain text.
Developer
pyth
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

@MSohm/RIM

I've been asking myself this a long time, but can't you do it like apple does? They force the programmer to create ids and profiles to their apps online, but also allowing the programmer to download the profiles to any computer they want. So the actual files that we would have to store and backup like the .db, .csk, .whatever would be stored online, instead of our local computers, allowing us to download them to any computer we want.

Which would mean that there could also be a small additional script on a webpage which installs (or actually copies) the files we would need to our local appdata folders, plus, the .bat which takes care of registering should be extended, so that whenever someone should register a set of (new) keys, those files would automatically be sent to the online servers

That way, we as programmers won't have problems like losing our keys after a complete data loss. The best place for that would be the vendor portal I guess

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cheravuth
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: True move

that is brilliant

Please use plain text.
Developer
Austinstephens
My Device: Not Specified

I received the following:

Please fix the following issue and resubmit your application as a new release:

Items that need attention:

- icon issue after installation (it appears as question mark "?" on device), please match it with product icon

I have the same icons in all of my Apps (currently 3 are up of sale).  The 480x480 icon “changes”??? to 150 x 150 when I right click the icon in BlackBerry.  I have never had this happen before.

Do I have any control over the icon after it is uploaded???

Thanks,

Austin

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Austin, please start a new thread for your issue.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
PawelGorny
My Device: RED
My Carrier: base(kpn)/BE, t-mobile/PL

I am not sure if I work properly. I have found that SDK for Tablet and for BB10 behave in different way.

So:

I create an application, in config.xml I put the ID like id="NAME".

When I compile the application using Tablet SDK I receive a .bar file, in which - if I decompress/open it - I see in Manifet that application id is like NAME123ab45ef...... (some hash is added)

Now when I compile this same application in BB10 SDK hash is not added -> appId are different -> I cannot upload them to AppWorld

So, my solution is: first I compile for tablet, I get app Id with hash (extracted from .bar file), set that new ID as a ID in config.xml for BB10, and compile new config.xml using BB10 SDK.

This way both .bar files has this same APP ID in Manifest and both fiels are accepted in AppWorld.

--
Regards,
Pawel Gorny
my apps: http://pawelgorny.com/
PGpgp, Your Reply, Anagrammatist, Texas Hold'em Odds Calculator, Contacts to CSV
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
Developer
madmaskd
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

i have corrected the Application which where asked me to do but my system was crashed and did not have backup of the Signing Keys so i Registered with different signing Key now when i rebuild the Application and try to submit i am getting this Message "
  • File bundle (FastPaper1.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle.
  • No files added to file bundle.
"
Please tel Me What to Do as i am worried that all work Must Not Go waste 

Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...
Please use plain text.