Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: Alpha A
My Carrier: Wind

When will vendor portal be updated?

Do any other developers think that vendor portal needs to be updated? Is there a road map on when vendor portal will be updated?

If they added some additional features it would be a lot more powerful for developers, such as:

• Total/Daily UNIQUE downloads
  • Total/Daily UPDATE downloads
  • Total/Daily Uninstalls
  • Charts for device, country, carrier, app version
  • Charts with OPTION to export to csv, not just csv only
Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: When will vendor portal be updated?

You can use http://www.appworldreport.com/

Which will turn your reports into charts if you upload the file.

I also wish RIM provided more information in the portal.
Contributor
My Device: Alpha A
My Carrier: Wind

Thanks for the site, doesn't work for me though, oh well. I hope vendor portal is updates soon, it really lags behind the competitor's portals.
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Does not get everything on your list, but distimo.com is worth considering.

Personally, I would like the portal and process to speed "trusted" developers releases and meta updates, immediate review rejections, hide inactive apps, $0 paid apps, centralize try and buy, BBM notification of approvals and "poor" review submissions.
Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I am also an Android developer, and have some apps in Google Play. And if you look at the Developer Console from Google Play, that is a huge difference with BlackBerry Vendor Portal.

I would for example really like to be able to see the number of downloads/installs of my app, but at just one glance. I don't want to download those reports everytime I want to know something. After a while you have a lot of those files in your download folder.

If they would generate these reports automatically every day and show that information when you open Vendor Portal, it would be a lot more usable.

I am a big fan of statistics, so I would love to see that too.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

I wish I could receive my apps sales stats by mail, every morning !

Twitter : @LaurentKP
My apps
Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

[ Edited ]

I don't have a real solution for the mailing of your stats by mail. But I have found a useful tool that enables to have some statistics about your app.

It's a free tool that enables you to track some aspects of your apps: sales, downloads etcetera. I am not using it for that long, but I already like it
http://www.distimo.com/

Maybe you can just add this site as a homepage in your browser. So when you open your browser in the morning, you will see your stats on the Dashboard of that tool.

EDIT

I have just checked the settings in the Distimo tool. And apparently there is an option to mail a customized dashboard to you daily or weekly. So maybe you could try this solution.

All you have to do (after you added your apps) is go to Dashboards, press "Customize your dashboard", customize what you want to see and/or receive by mail. And then use the option selector at the top of the page to change the settings to your prefered mailing setting.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter