Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
osus
My Device: Z10

Where to generate BB World promo codes?

Hi!

Where can we generate promotion codes to redeem on new BB World cliente?

This way we can create gif promotions :smileyhappy:

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Developer
davide13

Re: Where to generate BB World promo codes?

I reply because I'm interested :smileyhappy:

* Like this post 

If this post is helpful, please click the "like" button! :smileyhappy:
Developer
osus

Any news on this?

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Developer
davide13

No answer :smileysad:

If this post is helpful, please click the "like" button! :smileyhappy:
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

davide13 wrote:

I reply because I'm interested :smileyhappy:

That's not a reason to reply, since there's a Topic Options menu just above the thread's first post, and you can select "Subscribe" directly from that without posting in the thread. :-)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
peter9477

osus wrote:

Where can we generate promotion codes to redeem on new BB World cliente?

This way we can create gif promotions :smileyhappy:

I assume since you posted this during BB Live that you heard something about promo codes in BB World?

That's a future feature, as far as third-party devs are concerned. There was a session on BB World where some sort of roadmap was shown, and I believe the presenter indicated the initial implementation of promo codes was for internal use (and testing) only, possibly including some close partners, and the full roll-out for devs like us would be in the latter part of the year.

I might have remembered that incorrectly, so watch for the videos of the BBLive sessions to become available, starting next week. It was JAM79 by Paul Hainsworth: https://bblive.blackberryconferences.net/2013/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=2747  I don't know exactly where the videos will show up just yet.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
osus

Hi Peter,

No, I have not seen anything on BBLive, it's just on recently updated OS 10.1, this comes with the redeem option, but by now it seems useless, isn't it?

Developer
peter9477

No, it's not useless. As I said, the promo codes are being implemented initially for use by BlackBerry (and possibly some partners) for the first stage, so they will be issuing some promo codes which we can redeem. Later in the year it will be possibly for third-party devs to do the same.