Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl
My Device: 8310 curve
My Carrier: PLAY

Why Apps Get Denied

[ Edited ]

I got today email from BlackBerry App World.

This email contains some information why app have been dened.

This is link to pdf of this rules:

Why my Apps Get Denied

PDF

I have raed some rules...

Multimedia Content (Audio, Video, etc)
We do not allow:
-  Apps that enable a user to record radio stations
-  Apps that enable a user to rip audio and/or video from online websites

And now i thinking what is going on!!! My application can record radiostation. I have rights from this station to sell in app world this radio and what is now???

I cant record for my only personal use my favorite song? This is another in app world crazy and funny story.

I read next rules:

Piracy
 - Apps that allow a user to download torrents, binaries from Usenet, or files from a source that is high risk for
piracy will be denied
-  Apps that infringe on any legal or trademark laws will be denied
 - ROMs or game system emulators are not allowed
-  Apps that act as a web launcher but do not have digital rights for the target site, are not allowed
-  Apps that enable the user to send spoof emails/message or make prank calls are not allowed
-  Apps that enable, through programmatic or knowledge sharing means, the ability for users to jailbreak devices
(including RIM and competitor products) are not allowed

Gays....you must removed from app world 50% applications!!!! Because i found google popup search, yahoo search etc.

I found application can download files directly from applications!!!

Your rules is so kindly....

Oh, I almost forgot....run app world and type in search box "facebook"  You see many application with "f" logo and other branding icon...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
emmanualvnebu
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9790, Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Why Apps Get Denied

Hi,

same with me here, i uploaded an app & got approved, the next day i made some changes on the description ( which is not a big thing, a spelling mistake) The it got rejected. :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

[ Edited ]

Hi, you can more information whats your application doing and whats you change?

And app world team....this is to you....why your BlackBerry Browser can open my forum??? I do not agree to open my forum over your Browser!!!

(-  Apps that act as a web launcher but do not have digital rights for the target site, are not allowed)

You break my right!!  :smileywink:

- Apps that allow a user to download torrents, binaries from Usenet, or files from a source that is high risk for
piracy will be denied

Really??? What is this???

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/34173/?lang=en

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

kris0725pl wrote:

Gays....you must removed from app world 50% applications!!!!

I guess you mean "guys" here... :Whistling:

Anyway, back to topic.

1) For three years as a vendor and about 50 published apps, I got only two apps denied - the one because using "BB" in the app name (which I fixed fast), and the second one because I didn't have any rights from a popular MMORPG game (so I just dropped it). I don't know what you are doing to get constanly apps denied, but probably you have to reconsider your apps and your apps ideas.

2) Although most of the rules are valid right now, those rules seem to apply for future submissions (i.e. BB10), as the rules prohibit current bad practices, which we all (vendors) suffered from, for example:

- "Developers cannot attempt to get high/positive ratings from users by offering them incentives for good reviews or demanding it for access to complete functionality of the app"

- "Copycat apps which are identical to an existing app in either look, feel, or functionality"

3) I'm really tired of your daily rants about AppWorld. AppWorld is not the perfect app store, but threads like "you suck big time" don't help to make it better. If you don't like it, just move along.

And don't bother to send me PMs with childish insults, I'm not easily offended :smileywink:

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

[ Edited ]

Believe me, if there was an alternative to the App World that I would have resigned a long time ago!

It is unfortunate that MobiHand disbanded.

Why has the smallest App World application? Since these conditions prevail here.

Apple store, Android store ... a much larger selection of apps than the App World!

But what is surprising ... if such rules prevail here.

You quote:

- "Copycat apps which are identical to an existing app in either look, feel, or functionality"

Enter in APP World in search box "google popup" and see how many applications does the same thing.

It is illegal? I can not do that the same application will look for on google?

maybe my version is better than other? Have more function etc???

Branding Infringements
All apps must follow the branding guidelines set out in BlackBerry App World™ Branding Guidelines. In addition to these
guidelines, please note the following:
-  The app name or description cannot refer to any unannounced OS’s or Devices
-  Abbreviated forms of the trademarks (i.e. – Berry, BB, BBerry, Berries) are not allowed in the app name unless
they are relevant to the context of the app
-  The app cannot mention any other smartphones, tablets, products, brands or store fronts

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/search/Battlefield/?lang=en

But this killing me:

Damages the device or causes excessive battery drainage

This is a joke? BlackBerry 9900 OS draineg battery like a monkey kit.

I know people that load BlackBerry 6 hours after a full charge.

Please use plain text.
Developer
lastone
My Device: Not specified

50% apps ? Where the facts and data ? lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
2. Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Please use plain text.
Developer
mapleleafs90
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

If you spent as much time modifying your code to comply as you do ranting on these forums everyday you would be well on your way to making lots of money or lots of downloads.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
samyotte
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi emmanualalvnebu,

When the vetting team rejects a change ticket/app they should be providing an explanation.  If you did not receive, or its unclear, plese email them.  If you've done that and are not getting a response, please dm me some details and I can look into it for you.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Sonic63
My Device: playbook, storm, curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Twice my apps have been denied because of the name, and no explanation was given. like using the word 'with' instead of the word 'using'. Even though the word 'with' is okay when used in the full version of the app.

It's like someone is taking the **** or something.

Andrew

WinnSoft ARS

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
samyotte
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi AD5KO,

when those issues come up, please let me know and I will work with the team to address, and adjust our process to ensure the frequency with which it happens in the future is much lower.  We've begun the work to simplify the process of submitting apps and have a solid plan in plan to conitnue to simplify it moving forward.  A recent example is that we've released our vetting guidelines which can be viewed here: https://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal/downloadAWVettingCriteriaDoc.do?csrfToken=MOBC-X1E4-0ILB-D...

Please use plain text.