04-17-2013 12:16 PM
04-17-2013 12:58 PM
04-17-2013 06:15 PM
I too have lost my enthusiasm. Too many hurdles, too much waiting. Getting things done at BB seems to take forever. Rarely do we see ideas implemented in weeks.
Since we've always had our sights set on x-platform development, we'll just accelerate the movement and we'll seriously be considering coaching users into sideloading our apps.
- The reviewers were unprepared for the load and made some serious mistakes when reviewing apps. An appeal should be possible and an app reviewed within 48h if no new file was submitted for the appeal
- The team doesn't reply to tickets or emails sent to the address written in emails coming from BB World. It makes us feel completely ignored. To add insult to injury, we do get the emails telling us about missing deadlines...
- Your branding police is not adequately trained and blocks releases without any valid reasons. BB shouldn't even get involved from my point of view, unless there is a reported violation
- You have no escalation process in place and only offer direct contact to a few very helpful people on this forum (, but not everybody knows about it)
Because of all this, you're blocking an app which was first submitted 3 months ago. This is ridiculous.
@thubalek - Very good description of the issues we've encountered.
+1 for paid apps getting reviewed faster
+1 for faster approval time for trusted devs
04-18-2013 08:07 AM - edited 04-18-2013 08:15 AM
It has just gotten to a point where a developers tries hard to get a product out, and they are hit with nothing but obstacles. The simple things are the most frustrating:
I know BB folks are trying hard, but it just gets exhaustive to find an obstacle on every turn.
04-18-2013 08:11 AM
04-18-2013 11:32 AM
BTW: This thing drives my nuts currently more than the others:
I'm really curious what kind of genius invented that we have to send Dev Alpha before getting Z10 (I would be absolutely OK to pay refundable deposit that will not be returned if I don't send Dev Alpha).
I'm without any physical BB10 device since early March.
I'm on Mac where even emulator needs to be paid (about 50 USD) or so.
I have ready two major updates of my apps and waiting to test them on physical hardware before sending them into BB World. I'll not risk that I'll send something that is not working and then wait couple of weeks for approval of bugfix.
This is really crazy.
04-18-2013 11:53 AM