Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Wrong package ID

Hi!

My colleague wrote a Titanium app and the app was denied on App World. So he modified the app and tried to resubmit it but he got wrong package id error.

When he checked BAR file he noticed that Titanium SDK auto-generated the package id.

How can he get back the original one?

Is there any other way to by-pass the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, SOAman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Wrong package ID

You can find the original package id in the BAR file (open it with WinZip/WinRar), META-INF folder, file MANIFEST.MF

Find entry "Package-Name"

I have no experience with Titanium, so I have no idea what kind of config file it uses, but hopefully once you find the original package id, you can set it properly for the next release

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
soaman

Unfortunately BAR file has changed package id. And he doesn't know the original one that was also generated by Titanium sdk.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer
soaman

He uploaded the wrong BAR :-( Solved!