02-29-2012 12:00 PM
I got my first PlayBook app approved a week ago, and I like to ask:
- Is it normal to get "high" sales on first two days, then very little ?, I got a bad review which I have already requested to deny, don't know if that is affecting sales..
- Most of the purchases are from Canada, a few from UK and others, but none from US ?!, is that normal ?, coming from iOS world, that's quite the opposite.
- Any tips on how to promote a PlayBook game app ?, I'm surprised there are no way to make promo codes :-(
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-29-2012 04:21 PM
1. Yes. It is normal.You were under New arrivals so you have been noticed there. And bad reviews can lower the number of purchases. But soon they will be denied. Let's wait and see.
2. Yes. Canadians are #1. Regarding US: yes, it is weird.
3. Can't answer you. Promo codes might be a new feature in next App World.
02-29-2012 05:08 PM
You might have the same problem as me, I haven't receive any sales from U.S. for the whole February, I have a few hundreds of sales in total. I've contacted developer support team, they are looking over it and still waiting for a clarification on this issue...
If the problem continue you better try to contact the support team.
Let me know if you eventually receive any sale from U.S.
03-01-2012 03:41 PM
I just reviewed my February sales in a download report, and was confused that I did not get a single sale from the US. Normally, US sales make up about half of my totals.
But... I manually added up sales from the chart in the vendor portal, and it sums up to almost double what is shown in the download report. This leads me to believe it's just a report generation error, and you'll probably find your US sales have in fact not gone away.