Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
javoid
My Device: Dev Alpha B, Bold 9700

big localization bug in vendor portal?

When I uploaded one of my apps the first time, and it accepted all the fields for app names, descriptions and keywords.

I recently uploaded an update, then went into the descriptions to update the keywords, and all the localized app names were missing (except English).

Screen Shot 2013-02-15 at 1.39.24 PM.png

So I re-entered all the localized names, along with the updated keywords, hit save, and everything was okay.

When I clicked the description tab again, the keywords were updated, but the localized names were missing again.

So every time I want to make a description or keyword change, I need to go through each localized language and re-enter the names or it won't let me save the changes.

I don't know if this is simply an inconvenience or if the localized names themselves aren't being applied to the app, making it harder to find apps in the App World.

Developer
PawelGorny
My Device: PP

Re: big localization bug in vendor portal?

I am not sure, but maybe for Name/Description there is a ticket - so you must wait until it will be accepted and then changes will be made. Probably kaywords are saved instantly.
As I said, I am not sure about it, but please check it.
--
Regards,
Pawel Gorny
my apps: http://pawelgorny.com/
PGpgp, Your Reply, Anagrammatist, Texas Hold'em Odds Calculator, Contacts to CSV
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Developer
javoid
My Device: Dev Alpha B, Bold 9700

Re: big localization bug in vendor portal?

I would submit an issue, but there's not specific place on Jira to do that for the app world:

Screen Shot 2013-02-16 at 9.20.37 AM.png

On another point, my issue for localization in East Asian languages that I submitted to Jira in the beginning of January still hasn't gotten any response (BBTEN-647).  I'm unable to use any Asian characters in a C++ Cascades app.  Even sent along a sample app.

Maybe the BB guys are overloaded with bugs at this point?