08-08-2012 07:52 AM - edited 08-08-2012 07:53 AM
I'm relatively new with Blackberry app development, so bear with me.
When using the "App Generator", I can add up to four RSS feeds. However:
- there does not seem to be an option to delete a feed (?!)
- when updating the feed itself, you get the "fetching content" again, but
the preview image always shows the first, outdated, feed. It seems the only
way to get the feed to refresh is to change the URL
What is the frequency with which the feeds are checked?
Is there a reference for which tags can be included in the feed?
thanks for any help,
08-09-2012 10:25 AM
Answers to your App Generator inquiries are as follow:
1) Drag-and-Drop the feed-item with the mouse onto the red X symbol to delete the feed
2) Correct, there is no force feed refresh/reparse button. The only way to force the system to re-fetch "old" content is to change the feed url
3) Between 5 minutes to 2 hours. Depending on the amount of users of the app. The more users the more frequent it checks for new content
4) Tags we look at within a feed:
08-10-2012 04:16 PM
08-17-2012 10:37 AM
> 4) Tags we look at within a feed:
For the 3rd layout though (see attached screenshot), it seems
you should be looking for icons?