Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
cyberia61
My Device: Not Specified

canceling app submission

I posted earlier , wanted to add a bundle to my release before the approvement process.

Now, what I would like to do is to cancel that release submission and do it again.

The reason -  I chose the Paid version instead of Try&Buy.

Thought I woud be able to change it later on but no luck.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
cyberia61
My Device: Not Specified

Re: canceling app submission

[ Edited ]

here is an update

this  is what RIM says on the issue:

"Once an application has been submitted, can I make changes to my submission? Once the application has been submitted, it can no longer be altered. Please ensure all pertinent information has been entered before submitting."

Not only that.

It seems that once you save your Draft for a release you have no option to edit Bundles which include COD files.

All u can do is edit your app name, description and a few other things.

It also appears that u cannot delete the Draft, so if u dont submit it it will be hanging out there for no apparent reason.

The app submission process is not too cumbersome but the lack of Canceling the whole release submission makes me a apprehensive when Im in the process of submitting.

If you have one app one bundle release it's OK I guess, but in my case I have one app that has a Trial which in turn has 3 bundles and a Full version with 3 bundles.

It's not so difficult to make an error.

A Cancel button seems like a good option in case of an error.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
drspence
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: canceling app submission

You should be able to get the help you need by emailing help@blackberry.com. They've been pretty responsive to me when I've needed help deleting or changing releases that the admin UI doesn't provide support for.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to give Kudos where appropriate :smileyhappy:

Get email accident protection with ReplyGuard!
Please use plain text.