Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
Robotuner
My Device: Not Specified

code signing question

I'm finally getting around to signing my app.  What I have been doing is compiling, running through the Eclipse Simulator to make sure it works then selecting the BlackBerry menu link to request signatures.  I request signatures and everything seems to work.  After that, I move the .cod and .jad file to my server and try to update the app on my Storm. 

The download and install works, but when I try to run it, I first notice the application icon is missing, then I'm told module handle 7582 is not found.

From poking around, I find that there are multiple ways to sign cod files.  The method I have been using appears to work fine, but when I try signing double clicking on the cod file in the Navigator view, the Signature Tool dialog shows that the status for the SignerID (RRT) is not registered and will not let me Request signatures "until this application has been registered with all signing authorities required".

So one method thinks I'm registered, the other method thinks I'm not registered.  I'm thinking that is why I am getting the module handle error.  The not registered is winning out.  This must be some kind of configuration issue.  Can some suggest a course of action?

Please use plain text.