Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
citydog
My Device: Dev Alpha A

from free to paid

Hi,

Is it possible to change a submitted app from being free to paid?

Thanks!

Ken

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheFlowFX
My Device: Playbook 16GB

Re: from free to paid

It is no longer possible to change from 'free' to 'paid'. If you want to make a special request contact Vendor Support here:

https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Please use plain text.
Developer
jaiaca
My Device: Z10

I need to do the same thing - contacted vendor support a few days ago and so far I've heard nothing back. Really don't understand why I can't change it manually myself. 

Anyways, hope they change my pricing before launch.

Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C

why would i have to make a brand new prodcut just besucase i want my app to be charge i dont understand this.

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Developer
madmaskd
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook

i think its not possible i too tried to do so 

Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar

It can be done but once done it can be free again. So you'll need to make a new prodcut add a price the create a new bar and make free.
BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Developer
madmaskd

But My App is Already Approved and its Free , But if i add new Product with different Pid  and name that would be different Product with different name so the new Product will be Paid and i have to remove the Old One ......... 

BUT

what i want to do is make the Same old Product / App as Priced :smileyhappy: Kindly Mention in Steps 

Thank you 

Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar

If u want to you can ask the vendor support but once it gets set to paid it can never go back to free if u want to set it that way. Eg sale
Please use plain text.
Developer
jaiaca
My Device: Z10

Hey folks, sorry I should have updated this thread after getting things done with Vendor Support. Basically you have 3 options...

If you currently have a product set to licence type - Free

1. Email vendor support and ask them to change it to paid - if you do this it will never get changed back to free (no longer can have a free sale)
  2. Add in-app purchase to your free app - freemium model (sometimes this is much better than paid apps but some apps/games don't lend themselves nicely to this model)
  3. Create a new product and set it to paid - this will be your paid version and the other your free version. You can use the same product name but not the same app id. If the product names are exactly the same, only one can be "on sale" at any one time. Or you set the names as myAppFree and myAppPaid then you're fine.

In my case, I created a new app. When you do this any reviews you currently have on the free version, stay. Reviews cannot be transferred.

Hope that helps.

Jason I. Carter
Follow me @jasonicarter
Built For BlackBerry - WordsPlus & WordsPlus: Free Edition | word search has never had it so good
www.twocasualcoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Developer
madmaskd

Awesomely Nice Post and Most Usefull for Me :smileyhappy: Thanks Dude Jaiaca

Please use plain text.