Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
brew1
My Device: playbook 16 gig

need ability to rearrange screen shots on vender portal!

Unless I missed something, It looks like you cannot rearrange screen shots, you just have to upload them in proper order. This is a little bit of a pain, but also the delete button is between screen shots, it took me a few attempts before I realized I was deleting the wrong image, only to then delete all of them and re-upload one at a time in proper order. And it's pending review? does a live person have to look at it every time I change images, image order, or even update the comments in my description of the app? thanks -new to the app world, so my first app was edited a few times ( images and text)
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: need ability to rearrange screen shots on vender portal!

Yes, the images are reviewed by a person.
Contributor
brew1

Do you know If they need to manually look at the comments as well? I don't want to be annoying and keep changing something as soon as I want to add one comment if its going to bother a live person every time. I'll make sure its a necessary update. Right after launch I changed some comments and removed/added the pictures back so I get the proper order and now I have like 10 open CRs, rather than one pending review I would expect This is just how its done? Oh well I suppose I wont worry about it. thanks
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Everything gets reviewed. We dont know how much it is looked at, but the guess is they look for adult material, and copyrights.
Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

+1, if there were at least a way to select which screenshot appears in the main product page, that would be a lot better than some random shot such as the settings page appearing there.
Contributor
brew1

to add to this, as i already stated, i had to rearrange screenshots by removing and adding them all back in order, well for some reason only 4 of them took? So once again i added the rest, waiting, and now going on near 24 hours of free advertisement in the new releases area while my pictures are mostly missing!

just pointing out that for someone new like myself, chances are they might do the same.
Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

You can't depend on them appearing in the order uploaded; I've tried that many times and have seen it still seem to pick a random shot for the main product page, and also show the shots in reverse order in the on-device store, vs. the order in the web store.

The issue is that you want to have the 1st shot they see be the one most likely to get them to continue looking; but you also want to provide some in-depth views of the app.  With the current system, you have to choose between only including shots that would be appropriate as the "first impression" shot, or else showing the app in more depth but risking having some less-appealing shot be the first impression.

Don't know why it can't just let you select which one appears first.