Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
BBDeveloper_D
My Device: 9780 curve
My Carrier: Etisalat

not able to run the application after downloading new version from app world

Hi,

My first version of application was working fine from app world, but after I upload the new version to app world ,users are not able to run the new version as it is giving an error "Module XXXX attempting to access secured API" .I am sure that I have signed the application properly.Also I am able to install the application from desktop manager with the same build but not from app world. Can anyone please tell me what could be the problem....

Thanks in advance..

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: not able to run the application after downloading new version from app world

Check this thread, probably you have the same issue

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/Unable-to-install-app-from-t...

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BBDeveloper_D

Re: not able to run the application after downloading new version from app world

Hi,

thanks for the reply...

Will there be any problem if the bundle name provided is not in the same format?

ie.. they have asked to put bundle name as name_x.x.x.x  where x.x.x.x is the supported device version number.

In first release I have given the same format but for second release  we just gave the projectname_project version(ie name_1.2).

Can this be a problem?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BBDeveloper_D

I checked the size of .cod files ,

My whole application is of 5.1mb size and the last .cod file is of 63kb.

Please use plain text.