Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
maconbot
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8310
My Carrier: None

preverify.exe needed for Mac Dev?

I am new to the BlackBerry Dev. I have built 2 iPhone apps and now want to take them across all smart phone platforms.  Esp. with the BB tablet coming out.

I was following this tutorial, which is a little dated but best reference I could find, on setup in eclipse:

http://www.azizuysal.com/2009/07/blackberry-development-on-mac-os-x.html

Questions:

1.) Do I need preverify.exe like it says halfway down the tut?  or with the new plugin for mac that came out 2 months ago is this not needed anymore?

2.) There seems to be a way to run the windows simulators using a tool called "wine" http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/ and the new build seems to not even require MacPorts?  Not sure?  Anyone using this?

If anyone has any updated tutorials, on the best way to get BB Dev going on a Mac Snow Leopard let me know.  Or just any feedback.  I can't afford to buy the tether option they offer in the mac plug-in so I will need to run simulator for now.

Thanks for your time,

maconbot

Please use plain text.
New Developer
New Developer
rzr
My Device: dev alpha c (bb10)
My Carrier: www.rzr.online.fr

Re: preverify.exe needed for Mac Dev?

Is there a java version of preverify too ?

then I'll be able to use it on linux

ie while rebuilding json :

preverify="/local/usr/local/opt/sun_java_wireless_toolkit-2.5.2_01-linuxi486/bin/preverify"
    ide_dir=".../BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.3.0.201102031007-19"
    classpath="${ide_dir}/plugins/net.rim.ejde.componentpack4.5.0_4.5.0.28/components/lib/net_rim_api.jar"
    md5sum "${classpath}" # 4bd5127d27b39ced288dbaea25810187

"${preverify}" -classpath "${classpath}" .

#| Error preverifying class org.json.me.JSONObject$1
    #| java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

So please provide a portable preverify version ...

Please use plain text.