Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
fancyoso
My Device: Not Specified

promoting my app

hi,

so today my first "paid-app" got into the store.

can anybody give me tips on how to promote it? like any good blogs that might be interested in making a review?

its called "geogenius hd".

its about guessing countries on the world map.

also, i was wondering if i can tag my app. so if someone searches for "countries" or "world quiz" he might find it, too.

i'm pretty sure, that this might not be the right forum for these questions, but i didn't know where to go.

of course i would be very happy if anyone tries my app and gives me some feedback.

can i somehow give away free downloads?

thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DevelopersBB
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: promoting my app

It looks like a nice app to play, it already has a good review so that's a good sign :smileyhappy:

And your app is tagged with what you've used in the description lines of the app.
Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

fancyoso wrote:

can anybody give me tips on how to promote it? like any good blogs that might be interested in making a review?

can i somehow give away free downloads?

Check CrackBerry

it is the most popular blog about BlackBerry, although there are few others

As for the free giveaways - no, you can't, there is no easy option for the time being

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
fancyoso

well i started a post in the crackberry forum and got some nice feedback on my app. 

also i submitted it for a review, but no answer

i also submitted it to playbookdaily.com, but they didn't answer, as well.

i searched for app reviews on youtube and contacted some of them. 2 answered and are willing to check out my app and maybe make a video about it.

i'll reply here, if i got updates on this. for other beginners, that might stumble upon this thread

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Playbook dauly will not reply to you. If they like it, they will just post a review at some point in the future.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
fancyoso

as you said, they didn't contact me or anything.

just one day people started downloading and reviewing it :smileyhappy:

http://www.playbookdaily.com/2012/07/17/geogenius-hd-for-blackberry-playbook-a-country-guessing-game...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tylorpin
My Device: playbook, torch 9810 and Alpha device!
My Carrier: digi

Have you try submit ur app to blackberryappworldmarketing@rim.com to request to be featured in the app world?

Please use plain text.
Developer
AnishA
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

do you know how many sales you have gotten?I am 13 and i need help putting ads on my app
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
fancyoso

@tylorpin:
no, i have not tried that(yet). there are a few features i want to implement, before i do this.
not that my app is not "finished" but as i go along writing the app, i always come up with ideas, that i save for updates. because if i would implement every idea i had, i'd never finish (as a matter of fact, there are some of those apps in my workspace :smileytongue: ).

@anisha:

since i am featured on playbookdaily.com, i got an average of 4 downloads a day. nothing to go on vacation with, but i'm really happy that finally my app feels like "it's out there". also i'm really happy, about the feedback. on the one hand its nice that people like it, on the other hand it means work, because it lacks some necessary features.

i'm sorry your problem with implementing ads, but i've never done this. but i'm sure you'll find help on this board somewhere :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Developer
AnishA
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

Oh its fine I found out how now,thanks for replying :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.