Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

"App already running" on simulator

Hi all,

I have this problem,

I'm developing an app and I run it frequently on simulator because of testing. The BB OS 6 lets me run the app on an already running simulator, that's fine. But after the simulator restarts (which is everytime after the private variables change or everytime I start my Eclipse), the app won't start and if I run debug, the console says:

AM: Starting MyApp
AM: MyApp already running
AM: Foreground is requested: MyApp(252)

Although I'm sure it's not running anywhere, I didn't start it before. MyApp is my application name.

I manage to run the app after several restarts and resets of simulator a deleting of my app, but this is too slow, I need to develop the app fastly. I can't do this whole procedure everytime the simulator restarts..

Please, has anyone a solution?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: "App already running" on simulator

Just try running the app in AIR.  I rarely have to use the simulator except for final tests.

Developer

I'm sorry, but what's AIR, could you give me some links please?

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

AIR is about the Playbook stuff but I suspect that you are developing 'normal' app, i.e. app for smartphones and not for Playbook. So AIR won't help you.

I guess you receive such message, because you have system module running (i.e. part of your app that runs at phone startup). So probably you need to reset the simulator everytime you rebuild your project.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer

[ Edited ]

AIR is about the Playbook stuff but I suspect that you are developing 'normal' app, i.e. app for smartphones and not for Playbook. So AIR won't help you.

I guessed so.

I guess you receive such message, because you have system module running (i.e. part of your app that runs at phone startup). So probably you need to reset the simulator everytime you rebuild your project.

Thank you for your answer. What exactly is the system module (except the phone startup - I guess you mean "calling a number" externally)? Is this also an external/internal browser and email call? Thank you.

Developer

Problem solved!!!

I commented all the external app invokes and now it runs perfectly!

Thank you for your help very much, you saved my time :smileyhappy: