Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

My Device: 9330
My Carrier: Smartfren

Re: "Vendor account status is disabled. "

my account say "disabled" too,

name: Daniel Satria

email: danielsatria at gmail dot com

New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

What a painful and lengthy process!

First of all, it's not a secret that sending personal documents via email is generally UNSAFE, and right on start RIM forced me to break that basic rule.

Secondly, the email requesting me to send the documents went to gmail's SPAM folder (and I've seen in other people's comments that it is common), so it was actually a miracle that I've found it at all.

Why not use a web based form on RIM's website for this (shown right after one finishes creating his vendor account) where the required documentation could be uploaded directly to RIM's server via secure SSH connection, instead of sending it via insecure email, and where a confirmation that the documents have been successfully uploaded could be shown instantly?

Thirdly, it's been now two days since I sent the scan of my ID and..... nothing, not even an email receipt confirmation. Looks like account verification on RIM end involves no automation at all, just a young lady manually reviewing thousands of scanned documents while I can't even know if my email has reached RIM.

Let's see how much longer it takes. Four applications waiting for publishing. Gosh, if I knew that it takes MANY DAYS to activate a vendor account I would have created it before I started porting the applications... 

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: China Unicom

I'm afraid i was waiting the verification for more than 1 week! Should I need to wait 1 more week????

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Hi ccforever123, I have sent you a private message.

Thanks,

Winnie

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Fido

Hello

I'm experienceing the same error trying to login

Vendor account status is disabled.

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9810 Torch 2
My Carrier: IDEA

Hi, 

Did you get a mail asking for ID document for proof ? if not do check you spam folder, there will be a mail asking you to send your document for verification. After which your account will be activiated withing 24-48 hours.

New Developer

Yes i did and replyed

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9810 Torch 2
My Carrier: IDEA

Then give it a day or two. Your account will get activated.
New Developer

ok

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi Everyone,

Approvals should take place within 48 hours (2 business days) of documentation submission.

If this does not occur, please resubmit your identifcation. For personal, a valid Drivers License or Passport are perfect.

Along with this submission, to speed up the process, also include your associated email (especially when sending the documentation from a different email than your BBID) and company/vendor name.

The more information provided when submitting this documentation, the easier and quicker it is for us to approve your account.

Bryan Van Engelen

BlackBerry World