Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
MauriceRice
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

Re: reports not working again

smiley wrote:

I can confirm that deleting appworld cookie the graph works but not the report.

This is the same problem we had last year where the report is all screwed up.   This could be the same problem with the cookies.  It's now the 11th day and no one at RIM really cares.  some one at appworld department should be on the hook or even get fired for this.  No wonder all devs are leaving. :Surrender:

I don't know what to make of this but, I have the problem with graphs for every browser on my two desktop computers but both of our PlayBooks get results every time. A few days ago, the problem affected the PlayBooks too. The two desktop computers are connected to a wired-only Link-sys router coneected to the DSL modem.. The PlayBooks are connected  to a second linksys router configured as a wireless gateway. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

The "Some error occured while generating repor" problem with the graphs is intermittent. Closing your browser and logging in again often works, but sometimes it takes 3-4 attempts.

My guess is that there are multiple load-balanced servers, and one of them is malfunctioning. If you close your browser and log in again you may get a new session on a different server which does work.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

Don't worry, it will all be fixed in another week.

Wonder if they'll be able to take a moment to add "Total Sales" as an "App" in the list.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
mb1
My Device: Not Specified

I hope someone at RIM notices this. Its been more than 14 days since the issue was reported.

Bumping this thread up so that the RIM staff can notice it.

--MB.

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

RIM staff was aware of the issue two weeks ago:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/reports-not-working-again/m-...

As silver20 mentioned - the only thing we can do is sit and wait, sit and wait, sit and...

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
blueinc
My Device: Playbook, Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Tour 9630
My Carrier: Telus

'Total Sales' would be great. And perhaps while they're at it, they could spell 'available' correctly. 'Availiable' is not a word...

PlayBook Apps: Sudoku Pro
Smartphone Apps: Compass | MultiClock
Please use plain text.
Developer
dbigham
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: NA

While we're waiting, I have a question for you fellow developers: Is it possible to reconcile the amount of money paid out by Digital River / Bango to the reports that the ISV portal generates? For example, how are refunds taken into account? If I do a report for October, for example, does the ISV portal report back purchases that have been refunded as if they weren't refunded? etc.

Have other developers taken the time to reconcile actual payments to numbers reported by ISV portal and/or Distimo? If so, have you found that things line up?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
loffenauer
My Device: 9000

tried to reconcile, also with our own database that tracks dynamic license keys. and found it impossible to do because of timing differences on the server and varying payout channels that are not transparent in the ISV reports. For examples aggregations per day seem to vary.

More or less it seems that it is at the decision of proprietary RIM logic what is actually being payed out. Not to say that this is better on other App market places.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
loffenauer
My Device: 9000

maybe it is due to significant lay offs at RIM to increase profitability why reporting to the development partners is broken for weeks in a row now ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
eichen
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I received a reply to my ticket that was opened on 12/20:

Hello,
Thank you for your email.  We are aware of the current problems with the Purchase Report.  We have resolved the problem and are working on getting a hotfix released in the next few days.  This should be resolved before the end of the week.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please use plain text.