Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
360apps
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers
Accepted Solution

screenshots & description not showing = NO SALES!!!

[ Edited ]

Hey, so I went to go look at my app on my Z10 and after finding it I see that none of screen shots of my app are showing up and also the description of my app. It was there for the first 3 days when it got approved but now they are gone!!

This is terrible for any potential sales of my app!!! I know that when I'm looking to buy an app I want to see how it looks first and read about what the app can do before I buy it . If it's using Blackberry User interface then im more likely to buy it, if  I see an ugly interface then not so much. 

How many other devs have this problem??? Any one know who I can contact to get this fixed. It's costing me money and not having the description and screen shots will for sure help me lose sales!!!!!!!!!!

My app is called Fooding 360 and it's very much a visual experience :smileyhappy: you guys should check it out(small sales pitch :smileytongue:)

Thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: screenshots & description not showing = NO SALES!!!

If you've installed your own app from BlackBerry World, then the description and screenshots will vanish FOR YOU.

Others can still see them, until they too install the app.

By definition this won't lose you any sales, unless it's in the case of someone else who already installed it trying to show people the description and screenshots on their own device. :-)

It's a known issue that has been reported to BlackBerry...

Here's what I see for your app:

IMG_00000488.png

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

That only happens for Z10 users who have downloaded and installed your app. Those who have not installed it should see the description & screenshot. 

Not as bad as you might think, but it's still a bug.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
360apps
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Awesome thanks guys. I was super worried people would not see my app. As you can see the app is visual. Its an interactive cook book which allows you to spin the food. So I need to have people that are interested in buying it be able to see that. Thanks a lot for your reply.
Please use plain text.