Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
macdan
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

.seam file

Hi,

I just downloaded a report for sales and I get a .seam file, rather than a .csv file.  How does one read a .seam file?  Not loving the new vendor portal.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Dekerta
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: .seam file

[ Edited ]

Quite simple really!

All you have to do is download a program to convert the .seam file in to 38 separate .wtf files, then each .wtf file must be opened by another program to digitally sign them. You can apply for a Report-signing licence from RIM (Keys will be sent to you within 4 months!). The signed files must then be attacted to an email and sent to justgivemethedamnreport@blackberry.com. At this point, RIM staff will recompile the .wtf files in to a .csv file which will be printed on 8.5"x11" paper, signed and stamped (in triplicate) by RIM's CEO. From there it will be sent to the quality assurance department, to be checked by a team of engineers. Once all this is complete, the paper report will be photo-copied, scanned, re-printed, and faxed to you!

You can expect to receive your report in 7-8 weeks! :smileywink:

/sarcasm

//probably not too far from the truth though...

[EDIT]: In all seriousness: I found out that the .seam file is actually a CSV file. Just change the extension to .csv and open it as normal

macdan
My Device: Not Specified

It's funny because it's true...

Kudos for the solution and the humor Dekerta.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnsrobinson
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

When I converted the .SEAM to a .CSV, everytime I tried opening the file it told me it was corrupted.

To actually make this work I had to change the extension to .zip, extract the .zip and then there was the CSV with the report named exactly how I saw it in App World. The CSV opened perfectly from there.

Please use plain text.