Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
qwertlique
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: t-mobile

some strange downloads data.

well, i posted an app to app world on 26th march, then the product status changed into "approved" on 28th march, and i changed its status into "up for sale" on 2nd april.

but the thing is, from the date 27th march, there are so many ppl using bb device download our app..but the status history said it was until 28th that our product was "approved"

will that be any possible ppl can download apps before the app is "approved"? but the download reports also said it was from 2nd april that started to have some ppl download our app from bb appworld.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: some strange downloads data.

Werid.

Have you changed the status to up for sale yourself, or did this go automatically? Because if it did go automatically, it could be that the status is only changed whenever it is available everywhere in BlackBerry World (and this can take up to 24 hours)..

Or could this be because of some time zone difference maybe ?

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
Developer
rlvl
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

I would say time difference is the reason. Can't think of anyone getting early access to apps on the Blackberry World
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qwertlique

i did changed the status to up for sale myself. and the download report said it was not until 2nd that ppl started to download... and if it is time zone problems..what is the time zone bb appworld system is using? in that case...we r back to the question: if the status is approved on 28th and ppl can download app from appworld...how should the report said it was 2nd april when i changed status into up for sale then ppl started to download the app...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qwertlique

what time zone is bb app world using?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qwertlique

is there any body know the answer?

Please use plain text.
Developer
nonesuchnick
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

In the Schedule Reports section of the Vendor Portal, the date range selectors have GMT in brackets beside them.  So I am pretty sure that means that the Vendor portal download tracking and reporting for BB World is all in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).

Nick

Learn to run and get in shape with Couch 2AnyK Pro, a Built for BlackBerry native Couch to 5K (C25K) app for BlackBerry 10, available in BlackBerry World.
Please use plain text.