Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: subsidised hardware

The BB5 through BB7 certainly do not perfectly emulate the device behavior...  There are frequently issues that arise on device hardware that are not seen on simulators (playing two sounds at once on older CDMA devices is one example).

The other issue is that you can easily load any OS revision on an actual device, whereas the simulators are occasionally released with specific OS revisions.

New Contributor
My Device: developer
My Carrier: T-Mobile

If you are a UK resident then you should head out to pcworld. 16gb playbook on sale for £129 saving £299.
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/blackberry-playbook-tablet-pc-16-gb-10647929-pdt.html
Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

The best way to get free hardware from RIM is to attend RIM sponcered events and participate in RIM's developer promotions. Over the past year they have given away around 30,000 free PlayBooks to devs, and another 4,000 Dev Alphas.

However if you can't get any hardware do not be afraid of the simulators. The BlackBerry simulators are far more accurate and useful then the Android ones are.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com