Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C,Z10 LE

the meesage "port your app to BlackBerry Q10 for you" from blackberry

Hi all,

I have received a message from blackberry:

We tested your BlackBerry® Z10 app and we’re happy to report that it doesn’t require any changes in order to run on the BlackBerry® Q10 smartphone! We are going to automatically port it over so you can get it in front of app-hungry BlackBerry Q10 users.

Not ready yet? Let us know

If you don’t want us to automatically port your app over to BlackBerry Q10 right now, please let us know by filling out the Opt Out form. You must opt out by July 10, 2013 or your app will be automatically ported.

If I let them to port my app, will it be for sale automatically?I won't want to sell my app now.

Thanks.

brad_qqq

Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha

Re: the meesage "port your app to BlackBerry Q10 for you" from blackberry

What they mean is, the app does not require any change and could well be run on Q10. I guess they will just add the same version for sell on Q10, even though you had not selcted that option. when you uploaded Z10 version.

Developer

If they sell my app on Q10,it is bad for me.The app is not ready for sale.

Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha

I guess, you have time till 10 July to let them know accordingly.

Developer
My Device: Z10

This is really a joke in BlackBerry side.  I have received 3 messages from BB in the pass months about porting my BB10 to Q10.  As the email states they have tested the app and it works on the Q10.  Wrong.  There is a reason why I didn't check the Q10 support because those apps don't work 100% on the Q10.

If you look at BB World right now you will see tons of "junk" apps ported from the Playbook to the Z10 and Q10 and they just don't run 100% because BB automatically does it.  I have no idea who is in charge of this "porting" at BB but they really need to test the app 100% and make sure they run correctly.

Developer

Blackberry needs lots of apps in blackberry world because of business.So they have tried every method to realize it including "porting app".

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Q10, Z10, Z30

I received a similar message last month, with a June 10th deadline for opting out.  It still hasn't shown up for the Q10.

I can always go into the Vendor Portal and check it off for the Q10, but I thought I'd see how long it took.