Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

transfer apps from one vendor account to another vendor account

Is it possible to transfer apps from one vendor account to another vendor account? If so. how?

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Developer
adwiv
My Device: Not Specified

Re: transfer apps from one vendor account to another vendor account

If you want to transfer entire vendor portal, simply change the email address and the paypal address.

If you want to transfer only part of the apps alongwith their ratings and reviews - it is not supported. You can however sell your apps to another vendor, and let them re-release it under their own name. You might be required to remove your apps from sale.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

the issues is not the reviews or rating it is the current users who will no longer receive any updates that i am concerned about. I just have too many apps to manage now and I think itd be better to 'giveaway' some of my apps to others who are interested in maintaining or continuign to build those apps.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

This is something I've wanted to do also, and the answer from RIM was the same.  Can't do it.

It's really annoying.  Many companies transfer products and services to another company, but we can't without orphaning the customers and being stuck with support for something we no longer own?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

I'd also like the ability to do this.
nzcoderguy
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: 2 Degrees NZ

I dont think this is possible with the way the AppWorld is setup. 

+Like this post, if you find it useful/helpful!
Please use plain text.
santoshmobileapps
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Please let me know if we can tansfer app from one blackberry vendor account to another. and what is the process if we can do that ?

Thanks,

Santosh.

Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

@santoshmobileapps... this a very old thread with a very plain answer... no, you cannot do this. Please do no post new questions to old, solved threads, you are unlikely to get an answer and it just confuses everyone.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
santoshmobileapps
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Thank you for your response and sorry for any confusion caused. As this was an old post, I thought there might be possible changes and updates to the policies which we could leverage. Considering Blackberry has gone through so much change in their offering, they are starting to better understand the requirements by public, but seems like based on the update you provided, there is still a lot for Blackberry to catch up on, to meet the competitive nature of other platform providers. Please let us know if we can be of any help in ensuring the dedicated followers of BB can influence such decisions.

Please use plain text.