Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
osus
My Device: Z10

updates pending for approval for one month

Hi guys!

I uploaded updates to 4 of my apps about one month ago and they are still pending approval.

I understand new apps can take lomger to be approved, but updates? It's a really big problem for me, if any of those updates have a really big bug you will have to wait another month for the update to be approved again.

I also understand new apps are very important for new BB10 and they want to have as much apps as possible, but updates should also have priority.

And finally, what happens with Built for Blackberry program if the update is not approved before the final date? Wil I be able to apply for it after the deadline?

How long have you been waiting for updates approval? I miss the times where it was 3 days! I've been working a lot to accomplish one of my apps for the BfB program, 3 months of work and now what?

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: updates pending for approval for one month

Understand your frustration, but please see any of the same questions in any of the other dozen threads about the same issue.

* We're all waiting.
* Big backlog.
* No one knows when it will be resolved.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

The communication from BlackBerry has room to improve, IMO.  They have had to slip the deadlines for app approvals once already, so it makes sense for them to not slip them again without being able to provide a credible ETA for a second schedule slip.  But since folks are looking at time windows for fixing denied apps quickly shrinking down to zero, there should at least be an official announcement that "hey we've never done anything this big and we didn't know how to staff it so we're slipping it again and we'll announce the new dates soon".  Something so that folks don't have to look at their calendars and say "well I guess I need to cancel sleep/family time/errands/personal hygeine and all other non-dev plans for the next weekend since I have no clue when I'm going to hear from BlackBerry on my apps".

Just sayin'.

Developer
osus
My Device: Z10

I was talking about two main points. Didn't reply to any other thread because I think I hava some other arguments.

1) Updates should never be penalized by new apps. This has no sense for me. It doesn't matter if a new app gets one month been approved, but it's really important for an update to be published asap. We criticize that "bitten apple" company :smileywink: for things like this and now it's even worst here.

2) More info about how and when open programs will be closed based on new apps pending approval. They can't fix a date and then stop accepting apps submited one month ago. This is a communication problem.

Casually my apps where approved when I wrote this post... casually...  all of them, new apps and updates, silent approval (no notification mail sent, I just realized when I loged to vendor portal).

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords