Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

elitistdogg
My Device: Not Specified

8330m and AppWorld

RIM what is the deal with the 8330m getting way less apps in appworld than 8330.  I know the "m" is just a change to use meid instead of esn.  Why are there far less apps appearing! This is an error that should have been fixed already RIM. 
Please use plain text.
Contributor
airshark

Re: 8330m and AppWorld

Bump for some support please!  I'm in the same boat here Sprint 8330m.  What gives with the limited apps RIM?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Belis43

couldnt agree more...i cant even find any of the features apps like shazaam, poynt, viigo...pretty pissed, something needs to be done.
Please use plain text.
brianmayer

I even called RIM support and they had no idea what an 8330m vs. and 8330 was. Regardless of carrier all new 8330m's are getting limited apps as everyone else is posting.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Belis43

yeah my girlfriend just has the regular 8330 and is getting all the apps...what can we do from here...is RIM aware of it now?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
airshark

is it just me or is the silence here DEAFENING???
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

do you have any official information about the 8330m ? I did not find much on the internet about it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
VetteVert

Just wanted to add another confirmation to this problem.  I have an 8330m (though not with Sprint...a rural carrier called Carolina West Wireless).

AppWorld is not the only problem with the 8330m, however.  Other apps don't recognize the phone as a standard 8330 either.  Google Maps is one such application.  It doesn't even attempt to use the internal GPS where my wifes standard 8330 with the same carrier works fine (GPS itself works fine on my phone with all apps but GMaps).  This is a known issue that is posted on google mobile's support forums as well.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
VetteVert

Also, has RIM even acknowledged the issue?  I haven't seen anything in my searching.  IMO it is looking like this will never get resolved as RIM has moved on to the newer phones (even though the Curve is their #1 selling phone).
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scanlancs09

Also posting to confirm that this is indeed a problem.  Just bought two 8330s over the past month.  One has far more applications available than the other. 

Thanks airshark for the link to this board.

Please use plain text.