Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
My Device: curve8530 / plsyboog 32g

Re: ANGRY, cannot delete credit card information

Thank you for the suggestion but my son is 4 years old and I used my cc to purchase apps for him and if I wipe my playbook I will lose those
Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Does he at four years old know your BBID password?

It's required to purchase.
So change your password to something a four year old can't guess.

I really don't understand the issue here, now knowing it's a four year old..

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve

The main problem is: If you have an account (amazon, iTunes, blackberry, ...) with valid credit card, you must be careful with your password management. It's stress.

When I finish my purchase at Amazon I always delete my cc data, it takes a few seconds, but I feel much more comfortable. BTW, I also know people who never use cc in the internet (like my mom), and actually some blackberry users can pay through their wireless service provider, see

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB23717&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

I recently allowed a friend who had no credit card to use mine to purchase some blackberry apps.
I feel a bit uncomfortable now, since my friend could use my data to purchase more apps.
No big deal, I trust my friend and even if he would purchase more apps, financial damage would be little,  but  I just don't like it much, and I can understand parents who want to buy something for their children that is "safe by default".

Naaa, I really wonder why I can easily remove my cc data in my amazon account, in my iTunes account, in many other accounts at any time, but NOT in my blackberry account. Would be interesting to hear an explanation from blackberry on this...

I've been told, I haven't tried this, that if you go in a edit your credit card information, such as the expiration date, of course no charges will placed through and you'll be safe.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Curve

OKAY,

The problem has been solved already!

One cannot "remove" the credit card data, but one can replace it with a dummy credit card.
You find a link to the dummy credit cards in KB24655 (at the bottom) from the knowledge base.

I already replaced my credit card data successfully with a dummy today, first on my playbook and then again on my blackberry. 
Interesting: Both devices run with the same blackberry-id, but after change on my playbook the smartphone was still running with the old credit card.

Then, just for fun and curiosity, I have tried to purchase some apps for my playbook and my blackberry, but of course I got an error (no. 11400).
Finally, I put my old credit card back to my blackberry-id on both devices, and purchased an app for the playbook successfully.

I am tempted to complain that this still is not a user-friendly solution, but I must admit it fully solves the problem.

Now you just need to hide your wallet from your four year old so he doesn't enter the correct credit card info.

Knowledge Base Updates