Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
swarnodeep
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: 3

Re: APN is not specified

I seem to have the same problem with 3 as my carrier.Someone kindly help...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

swarnodeep wrote:

I seem to have the same problem with 3 as my carrier.Someone kindly help...

maybe this?

http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f41/g1-3-three-apn-settings-7744/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
stueyt83
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: 3

does anyone know what it is for the 3 network

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

@stueyt83 did you try the link I gave on may 14th ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KimorasKid82
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

That link no longer works, btw.

On that note, I'm having the same problem, as well. My Curve 8530 worked on the Wi-Fi here at home yesterday morning when I got up. I decided to check to see if there was an upgrade of some kind for it and there was. I upgraded and then everything went wonky. It no longer works now with the Wi-Fi. I see responses about the radio and the APN not figured but I don't have the TCP/IP settings on my Curve (something about CDMA; I know mine doesn't have a SIM card inside), but how can I fix this so the Wi-Fi can work again? I don't live in an area where there is service (the nearest town, 15 mins away, has off-roaming via Sprint+I can use that to try to fix everything, right?) I just want to be able to use my BB over the Wi-Fi until I can get a data plan through BlackBerry. Thanks!

♥ my 'eers. ♥ ♫/movies/80's. 5/7/10: 1st reply from Mama @OfficialKimora; VERIFIED® child of hers since 8/28/10! @britneyspears followed @ 10:33PM 12/19/12
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

When you go to your Manage Connections screen > WiFi Networks, does your WiFi router to which you wish to connect appear there? Does a WiFi search find it?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KimorasKid82

Yes. I do a Scan for Networks and it shows up. It worked fine before the upgrade. Maybe it's because I haven't officially been in an area where I have actual phone service to I guess "finalize" the process? I had to put in a different zip code than the one I'm in now that doesn't have service via Sprint here (which I realize is one problem I'm having), but could that alone be the straw in the camel's back? Like I said, it worked fine before. I was living in KY when I registered it through Virgin Mobile and I was able to use the Wi-Fi there no problem. Came back home to WV and for a week, no problem, until I upgraded the OS.

Confused.

♥ my 'eers. ♥ ♫/movies/80's. 5/7/10: 1st reply from Mama @OfficialKimora; VERIFIED® child of hers since 8/28/10! @britneyspears followed @ 10:33PM 12/19/12
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

So is Sprint your normal mobile provider, or you're using the 8530 solely on Virgin?

Or this is a just a Sprint-branded device you're using on Virgin?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KimorasKid82

Well, my friend sent me her Curve 8530 since she got an HTC Evo 3D for Christmas. I'd been set on getting a BB forever now and I get it, set it up through Virgin Mobile (even activated+registered on the site) and Wi-Fi at my old place in KY and now home was workin fine up until I upgraded. Now IDK what's going on. I suppose you'd call it using it solely on Virgin since Sprint isn't so kosher here in the rural area I'm at in WV, but IDK why the Wi-Fi no longer works even though I registered+activated it...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KimorasKid82

My friend even topped me up for the first month! The next bill isn't due til the 4th of next month. It's a Virgn Mobile BB, btw, if  that helps any.

Please use plain text.