Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
oluwaseunoyalade
My Device: Black berry bold 9780

APP WORLD ICON DISAPPEARED AFTER UPGRADE

Okay so I have had enough!! This the third time I'm having this issue, i update my black berry app world the icon disappears i uninstall app world and I come here get a link to the former version and redownload but guess what? everytime I do this give it a couple of days tops it alerts me that there is an upgrade available for my app world I upgrade and then the circle begins again! Its so tiring! Can RIM please find a lasting solution to this issue because battery pulling of my battery,uninstalling, going back to the old version non of these profers a permanent solution!HELP!!!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: APP WORLD ICON DISAPPEARED AFTER UPGRADE

Hi,

Check the below knowledge base article -

• KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oluwaseunoyalade

hey
Thanks for replying, its a solution but not a permanent one because it advices that I go back to the older version of app world the 4.0.0.55 which I have done severally and always with the same reults so now I'm hoping for a more permanent solution before another version of app world gets released with thesame issues
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

what do you mean, "with the same results" ?
tanzim is advising you to install .55 and stay with it until AppWorld version above .65 is released.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
oluwaseunoyalade

Oh okay let me see if I understand you guys I upgraded my app world from .55 to .63 my app world icon disappeared then I was adviced to go back to .55 and I did then a new upgrade came out so I upgraded from my .55 to .65 and my app world icon disappears again and I was adviced to go back to .55 again which I have done and then wait for the next upgrade of app world e.g .67 and then upgrade with the hope that rim would have finally found a solution that has managed to elude them twice? I get you guys
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

yes, I advise you not to install AppWorld .63 or .65.

Wait for another upcoming version.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.