Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
jpeg92
My Device: bold 9900
Accepted Solution

APP world will not log me in

Been trying to download some apps.

I always get to the BB ID authentication page...and get stuck there.

The massage I get is "saisissez le nom d'utilisateur a ssocié à ce smartphone" which can be approximately translated to "enter the user id associated with this smartphone" ????

I updated BB apps, it didn't change a thing.

Is there a way to "associate (my) id with this smartphone? I can't get what I'm obviously missing :'(

Thanks in advance

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: APP world will not log me in

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB28429 "Please enter the username associated with this smartphone" appears when logging into BlackBerry App World with a BlackBerry ID using a BlackBerry 7 smartphone

Unfortunately, it is not very useful unless you happen to know the credentials originally used for the BB ID account on that BB. If, for instance, this BB was used by someone before you, then you must WIPE the BB in order to actually change the BB ID account credentials stored in the BB:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

However, from what you report here, I cannot quite tell if that (or some other reason that a different BB ID is needed...different from whatever was originally configured into that BB) is the case or not...

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
jpeg92

Thank you sdgardne,

I've started reading the links and still digging all links to read what I need to before "wiping" my Bold.

But...before wiping, which I'm quite reluctant to, you need to know this :

I've received my BB brand new.

I've used the "change terminal" software...and I must say that it's quite amazing as I've found again everything I had on my bold 9000.

I thus have 2 questions :

1/knowing I'm the first user of my BB (Orange would sell refurbished BBs???), and that I "migrated" from my older Bold, is there a possiblity that the username I'm asked for comes from this older one?

2/Apart from that, isn't there any way to find somewhere in the device the "username associated with the device"?

i.e. if this information is available, then it might not be necessary to wipe the device...

thanks again. 

PS : I've tried identifying myself with the 3 e-mail accounts I have on the device, with a new BBid for each one...and it didn't work out :'(

New Contributor
jpeg92

Sorry again,
the KB28429 talks about an "Out of Box Experience (OOBE)"...what is that???
i don't remember such a thing :/
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

jpeg92 wrote:

I've received my BB brand new.

I've used the "change terminal" software

"Change terminal"??? I don't know what that is...is that the Device Switch Wizard? If so, then did you have previously a different BB or something else entirely?

jpeg92 wrote:

and I must say that it's quite amazing as I've found again everything I had on my bold 9000.

OH! You had a different 9000 before, and you have a replacement 9000 now?

jpeg92 wrote:

1/knowing I'm the first user of my BB (Orange would sell refurbished BBs???), and that I "migrated" from my older Bold, is there a possiblity that the username I'm asked for comes from this older one?

While quite rare, it has been seen that a carrier sells, as brand new, a BB that has been previously used. Most often, if it happens, it is a warranty replacement...many warranty contracts allow refurbished BBs to be provided as warranty replacements. But, I do not know the circumstances of your obtaining this "new" BB. In any event, if they did provide you now with a BB that has been previously used, that could completely explain all that you are experiencing - the BB could have previously been registered with a BB ID, and that registration must be removed (via WIPE) to use a different BB ID with the device.

jpeg92 wrote:

2/Apart from that, isn't there any way to find somewhere in the device the "username associated with the device"?

i.e. if this information is available, then it might not be necessary to wipe the device...

It will show you, in the BB ID app, the username information, but it will of course never reveal the password. That would be a violation of all security.

jpeg92 wrote:

PS : I've tried identifying myself with the 3 e-mail accounts I have on the device, with a new BBid for each one...and it didn't work out :'(

I am really starting to believe that they provided you a previously used BB, and you must now follow the KB I already provided regarding performing a WIPE so as to change the BB ID associated to the BB.

You should, of course, check the terms of your contract to ensure that they even should have provided you a refurbished BB.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

jpeg92 wrote:
Sorry again,
the KB28429 talks about an "Out of Box Experience (OOBE)"...what is that???
i don't remember such a thing :/

Then it is continuing to be more and more likely that they provided you with a previously used BB. See this:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

From all you say, they did not properly perform the necessary SELLER steps.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
jpeg92

Hum...there's a lot to answer there...

Sorry I'm french, and my english is a little approximative so yes, i used the Device Switch Wizard to go from my old 9000 to my new 9900 (grand son of the first :smileywink: )

As far as I know, Orange does a little customisation to the phones it sells to have them suit the characterisctics they want...so may be, in their pre-installation they put a BBid even if they should not (?)

But, if I get it well, when i go to the BB identification page the "default" username should already be appearing, right?

If so, then I'm f*** because I messed up the first activation, and i've been trying to make it all work ever since :/

And then, I understand that I need to recreate a BBid with the same e-mail, same nickname, and same password...pom pom pom...

Reading back the quick start user guide, it seems that the first step of customisation is to entera BBid...so I must have gone through this but I can't remember. The only thing that's for sure is that I went through all the steps shown in there, because I don't remember doing something different from what's written...

I'm gonna make a few more tries with differnet usernames/pwd with the email appearing automatically on the BBid page, and see if I'm lucky.

if not....WIPE :'( :'( :'(

Thanks again for your help

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I think you are on the right path now.

As for the 9900...yes, the carriers do load their OS package to the BB, and they push to the BB specific Service Books for things that they wish to entice their customers to use (e.g., their specific Map app, their specific App Store, etc.), but the base OS comes from RIM.

Further, they may or may not have created a BB ID on it...with what we can see now and what you remember (or, more precisely, do not remember), we have no way to know for sure.

All we can know is that there is a BBID registered with this BB and, if you cannot figure out the credentials for it, your only option will be to WIPE and create a brand new BB ID to use with this BB.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
jpeg92

Thanks mate!
Just proceeded to WIPE my 9900...and it worked!!! :smileyhappy:
The only bad thing is, although you get it all back when restauring your data, your emails get "lost" under the general email icon when you restaure all your email accounts :'( plus, you need to reinstall all your apps back.
But...as you can use the appworld back, that's'not so bad :smileyhappy:

Anyway...thanks a lot again.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome! But...

jpeg92 wrote:

The only bad thing is, although you get it all back when restauring your data, your emails get "lost" under the general email icon when you restaure all your email accounts

That can be fixed...I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

See if that returns you to the multiple-email icon configuration. Also check your Options within Messages, as that has controls to allow you to specify what is shown within Messages (the "unified inbox" method) versus having separate icons.

jpeg92 wrote:
plus, you need to reinstall all your apps back.
But...as you can use the appworld back, that's'not so bad :smileyhappy:

Actually quite intentional...when doing such diagnostic and repair attempts, it is always better to re-install apps fresh and clean, just in case something about them was the source of the corruption.

Good luck!

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates