Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
ronnieng
My Carrier: Malaysia Maxis

After Factory Reset: Facing Errror ID 30702/Unable to update BB ID account

History: I was having this issue: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-General/quot-Unable-to-Login-to-you-Blac...

and got it resolved via a Factory Reset.

But after a few days of use and rebooted a few times due to installation of apps, I have this new problem:

:smileytongue:op up error message: "There is an issue with the current session. Please login to continue. (Error ID: 30702)"

and

When trying to view my BlackBerry ID Account through the "Device",  "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information.

The only good thing is that I can still access the apps by clicking on the "Apps" icon at once I enter BlackBerry App World.

I have tried these before and the big question is that shuld I retry them? http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=C9E77B998DBA023E9E7A227CD8D46D51?...

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider

Re: After Factory Reset: Facing Errror ID 30702/Unable to update BB ID account

Hello ronnieng, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I would suggest trying the steps listed in the article again. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ronnieng
My Carrier: Malaysia Maxis

Re: After Factory Reset: Facing Errror ID 30702/Unable to update BB ID account

This time, I did a secure wipe and then reset to factory settings.

Everything was good and it solved the problem. Until just today, when I have an app that hung and no other way but to do a hard reset (remove battery & SIM). Then I faced the same problem again

However, I noticed that my OS is the old 7.0.0.1236. I tried to upgrade this to the 7.1 but my device does not detect a need to upgrade. I have difficulties also to have the Carrier (Maxis) OS.exe (error reading setup initialization file) issue which I post in the "Blackberry Bold" forum

Anyway, it seems that after doing a manual Black Berry App World upgrade to version 4 (via the download link requested through PC web browser and sent through email; coupled with a force blackberry ID upgrade, so far I am not seeing this problem

Please use plain text.